Proposal to waive visa fees for foreign tourists to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

The fees aren't the problem, it's the paperwork and financial audit that's the problem.

Visa fees (everywhere) are legalised theft. Creeps are financing their losses due to the pandemic on the backs of tourists.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

nobody cares to ask a visa for 90 days I suppose.... Most tourists stay shorter. The problem is only all the same paperwork every time again and again.....copies, passport photo, marriage certificates and everything you have to proff over and over again.. 90 days reports .. Most tourist don't need to do that so 30 days visa free is allowed. not much more for 90 day visa free I thnk...Updating the visa system is better, as 3 year consecutive stay no more 90 days reporting, unless you move to other address. Easy re entry stamps and less paperwork by extensions by  not using paper files anymore and that kind of things.   

You are mixing up Visas, obtained outside of Thailand, and Extensions, made domestically at Immigration offices.  They want to make it easier for tourists...... and the topic is Visas.

I don't see what the issue is to waive the Tourist Visa charge, which gives people the opportunity to visit for 60days....

9 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

Visa fees (everywhere) are legalised theft. Creeps are financing their losses due to the pandemic on the backs of tourists.

I do not see how a voluntary item like a Visa can be declared as theft......

Visas are an important security requirement. 

• Haha 2

It can save 1,000 to 2,000 baht for visa on arrival that could be a saving of 4,000 baht for say a family of four Indians who will then have more money for gold, oh but wait the hotel charges are going up so they will be Thousands worse off.

Do TAT get completely wasted before and during their meetings ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

Absolutely spot on. Also Malaysia gives 90 exempt. Thailand still in the dark ages with 30.

Most real tourists will not go somewhere for more than 30 days. (from UK) Vietnam gives 15 days and Cambodia does not even offer a free entry visa at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

How is a visa on arrival improve a countries security? 

Visas obtained at Embassies are a better measure....

Visa on arrival is only available to a limited number of countries and territories https://extranet.immigration.go.th/voaonline/voaonline/VoaonlineAction.do

and I believe one has to apply in advance online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

Absolutely spot on. Also Malaysia gives 90 exempt. Thailand still in the dark ages with 30.

And on buying a house, Malaysia continues to laugh up its sleeve at Myland, Pie-in-the-Skyland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Nobody said hotel prices go up. Just Thai people get a discount in their country. 

I would say for most it's more about the perception. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 1