How good is Lumpini swimming pool?

topswijaya

Clean, good for short laps. Have to wear bathing suit not shorts and a cap. In the gym you have to wear long pants. But they have now started duel pricing for one year membership; 300bht for farangs, 40bht for Thais. I have been a member for years at 40bht. and refused to pay the increase so they gave in. I never use it as I am a member of RBSC and The Polo Club and only wanted to support the membership. I also refuse to enter any temples or parks where they have dual pricing. The real annoyance is that BTS will not give farangs the senior discount of 50 percent. In fact this rule changed after they had sold me my card. When they stopped me they confiscated my card and fined me from the amount on the card. My friend who is more fluent in Thai carries a  copy of the Thai constitution in English and Thai that states that it is against the constitution to racially discriminate against even farangs. He has has had several confrontations where he had to read out the constitution in the BTS station at which point they dropped this insulting demand rather that call more public attention. I have lived here for 50 years and paid more tax than most Thais. All the Thais that I know or have been in business with always found some way to avoid paying. Long wait for Thai citizenship. Several friends who have gotten it even though being here less time, did so through some political connection: my friend is a general.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, straylight said:

My friend who is more fluent in Thai carries a  copy of the Thai constitution in English and Thai that states that it is against the constitution to racially discriminate against even farangs. He has has had several confrontations where he had to read out the constitution in the BTS station....

Wow, just wow.  Your friend really needs to lighten up.

Any you also win completely irrelevant rant of the day award.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Been here so long you should know "jai yen yen". The question was about a swimming pool and you went on a 500 word + rant about dual pricing, telling stories I am glad I did not see in person. I do hope you feel better now. 

• Like 2

There is a similar pool/gym at Wachirabenchathat Park, opposite Chatuchak Park which has the same scheme if anyone near the Chatuchak precinct is looking. Just need a medical certificate prior to joining. 

With this gym you pay for your yearly membership and then pay a per usage rate for the gym and pool. Details can easily be found on their website 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, straylight said:

I have lived here for 50 years and paid more tax than most Thais. All the Thais that I know or have been in business with always found some way to avoid paying. Long wait for Thai citizenship. Several friends who have gotten it even though being here less time, did so through some political connection: my friend is a general.

I know quite a few people who got Thai citizenship a lot faster than that. Maybe the answer to the riddle why you still haven't secured it after 50 years lies in your attitude. 

6 hours ago, straylight said:

Clean, good for short laps. Have to wear bathing suit not shorts and a cap. In the gym you have to wear long pants. But they have now started duel pricing for one year membership; 300bht for farangs, 40bht for Thais. I have been a member for years at 40bht. and refused to pay the increase so they gave in. I never use it as I am a member of RBSC and The Polo Club and only wanted to support the membership. I also refuse to enter any temples or parks where they have dual pricing. The real annoyance is that BTS will not give farangs the senior discount of 50 percent. In fact this rule changed after they had sold me my card. When they stopped me they confiscated my card and fined me from the amount on the card. My friend who is more fluent in Thai carries a  copy of the Thai constitution in English and Thai that states that it is against the constitution to racially discriminate against even farangs. He has has had several confrontations where he had to read out the constitution in the BTS station at which point they dropped this insulting demand rather that call more public attention. I have lived here for 50 years and paid more tax than most Thais. All the Thais that I know or have been in business with always found some way to avoid paying. Long wait for Thai citizenship. Several friends who have gotten it even though being here less time, did so through some political connection: my friend is a general.

Dual pricing.

Just so wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1