Was told to buy plane ticket today for covid extension at Laksi

Given how many posters claim COVID is over, it's mild cold, "stop this nonsense already", etc. I see no reason why anyone should be given any COVID extensions. They should already end. There's no pandemic anymore. Even Thais are taking masks off. Farang refused to wear them anyway. It's over. It's time for COVID extensions to be over as well.

• Haha 1

Just now, timoti said:

Oh yes visa exempt. I didnt get the 30 day extension yet. I will do that first next month as you recommended.

So I guess I will know more about if CE still exist after my 30 day extension ends. Should be Sep 7 or so for me.

Ok clear now.

So obtain your 30 day extension.

You can do that up to couple weeks prior to your current stamp expiry.

Keep eye open for any news regarding covid extensions.

If anything is announced it would be very close to July 25.

If CE made available past July 25 then you could apply for one of those if required.

BTW you do not need to show embassy letter for covid extension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ok clear now.

So obtain your 30 day extension.

You can do that up to couple weeks prior to your current stamp expiry.

Keep eye open for any news regarding covid extensions.

If anything is announced it would be very close to July 25.

If CE made available past July 25 then you could apply for one of those if required.

BTW you do not need to show embassy letter for covid extension.

Thanks a lot that helps a lot!

• Like 1

I found it an interesting read that a ticket (leaving Thailand) was needed for a COVID extension, as it reads counter intuitive to me. 

I guess if such is a firm requirement, then ideally a ticket where one can change the departure date either for free, or for some nominal fee would be best (assuming one plans to use such a ticket sometime in the future).  If one has no such plans, then buying a possibly expensive (changeable) one-way ticket may not be so desirable.

For totally different reasons (than this thread topic) I recently purchased a totally valid (and usable) oneway ticket to depart Thailand in November for only 740 Thai baht.  It was an Air Asia flight from Krabi to Kalua Lumpur.  I don't plan to use that ticket (leaving Thailand) other than to show to Thai Airways staff in Germany, when I to to board a Thai Airways flight to fly from Germany to Thailand on a one-way ticket , where I will have no Thai visa, but instead have an intention to enter Thailand Visa-Exempt. 

If one needs to buy a ticket, and if one is concerned the slightly cheaper 'throw-away tickets' advertised on the web may not be accepted, then with some shopping around, it may be possible to purchase a not too expensive legitimate airline ticket to leave Thailand, that is not too expensive.  Just check the various departure airports in Thailand which have international departures   ... Where I qualify that "'not too expensive" wording by saying 740 Thai baht is not too expensive in my financial assessment.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:22 PM, Phoenixsun28 said:

Long story short, she says I've been here too long and she won't give me a covid stamp (I've been here since the beginning of the amnesty period and the covid extensions).

I think she is right.  You've been here too long and you're now milking the system.
I'm sorry, but I live here in Thailand and I support a Thai wife and extended family and I've play by all the rules for the last 15 years. 
You want to remain in Thailand due to "Covid."  I have to agree - you've outspent your welcome here and there is nothing keeping you from leaving. 

Want to stick around.  Go home and come back on a tourist visa.  Or marry a Thai and have the finances that allows you to remain in the Kingdom.  Or find another place to hang out.  Vietnam, Cambodia, PI, Mexico. 
"Oh I can't leave because of Covid!"
Sure you can - go to Mexico.  They'll welcome you with open arms.

As a reason to stay in Thailand?  Covid is worn out.

Edited by connda
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I went today (22-JULY-2022) and they didn't ask me for any flight ticket going out. I've been here before the pandemic started and never left. Wondering if I got lucky?

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, Helios said:

I went today (22-JULY-2022) and they didn't ask me for any flight ticket going out. I've been here before the pandemic started and never left. Wondering if I got lucky?

Same.  they know me already after 2 years of this. The one stern lady there is firm in her demeanor, but not that nasty. I think it's helpful that I always arrived well-dressed and never displayed any emotional reactions to her.  I think it's a "territorial" thing. Once she knows that you acknowledge she's the "shot-caller", she doesn't huff and puff. It's the combative ones that fuel her fire and get grilled.  Anyway, just my theory.  Good luck everyone. Now that the program was extended only to August...our 60-day stamps will end with no ability to further apply for new ones.  It was good while it lasted, time to move on soon.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 8:53 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Same.  they know me already after 2 years of this. The one stern lady there is firm in her demeanor, but not that nasty. I think it's helpful that I always arrived well-dressed and never displayed any emotional reactions to her.  I think it's a "territorial" thing. Once she knows that you acknowledge she's the "shot-caller", she doesn't huff and puff. It's the combative ones that fuel her fire and get grilled.  Anyway, just my theory.  Good luck everyone. Now that the program was extended only to August...our 60-day stamps will end with no ability to further apply for new ones.  It was good while it lasted, time to move on soon.

The state of emergency decree has been extended to September 30th, so anyone who applies on that date or a day before should be good until the end of November.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/emergency-decree-extended-by-cabinet-until-end-of-september

11 hours ago, Helios said:

The state of emergency decree has been extended to September 30th, so anyone who applies on that date or a day before should be good until the end of November.

Wait. This is about the Emergency Decree, and not Covid visa extensions. I know, they've gone hand in hand so far, but they are not identical. As for now, it's not clear whether Covid extensions will be allowed after the current deadline of August 24.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1