No response to email (to VFS) to book an appointment to renew British passport

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I used Key Visa to renew our sons U.K. Passport, took 17 weeks, not their fault though, I enquired at Key Visa to renew my U.K. Passport, they said 2 weeks ?

I asked Darren today, he said it was around 6 weeks but ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I used Key Visa to renew our sons U.K. Passport, took 17 weeks, not their fault though, I enquired at Key Visa to renew my U.K. Passport, they said 2 weeks ?

That sounds like a communication mistake. Like us, KVS has to make an appointment for your PP, so there is no way it can all be done in 2 weeks.....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That sounds like a communication mistake. Like us, KVS has to make an appointment for your PP, so there is no way it can all be done in 2 weeks.....????

It was the lady on reception who said 2 weeks.

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

I ask the lady on reception she was the one who said 2 weeks! 6 weeks is a long time to be with out your Passport. 

I'll be happy if it's 2 weeks.

You can get your existing PP back if you ask for it, but you need to send it again for them to get your new one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I'll be happy if it's 2 weeks.

You can get your existing PP back if you ask for it, but you need to send it again for them to get your new one.

I asked at Key Visa, no we need your old Passport.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I ask the lady on reception she was the one who said 2 weeks! 6 weeks is a long time to be with out your Passport. 

PP is held at KVS office until collection of the new one, if you have a PP problem in the meantime you contact them.

I carry a copy of PP user page and visa in my wallet...

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

PP is held at KVS office until collection of the new one, if you have a PP problem in the meantime you contact them.

I carry a copy of PP user page and visa in my wallet...

Being the ever optimal I was think if you had to leave the country in a hurry.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Being the ever optimal I was think if you had to leave the country in a hurry.

As noted, if you want it back in the interim, just ask!

Of course you will incur further EMS fees.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, Crossy said:

I'm in the same process, but being a lazy <insert suitable expletive> ... I'm using KeyVisa.

Darren acknowledged my payment on 5 July, today (13 July) I got notice from VFS that they have forwarded my application to the UK.

It remains to be seen how long the process takes.

As an aside I applied to renew my UK driving licence on Wednesday last week (using my existing PP number so no need for a new photo), paid my 14 squid using my UK credit card. The new licence arrived at my (ok, my parent's) UK address on Saturday! I have no idea why it was so quick, some of my UK friends have been waiting months.

I received my UK driving licence HERE (via relative)  10 days after applying. And free cos I am an old fart. ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I received my UK driving licence HERE (via relative)  10 days after applying. And free cos I am an old fart. ????

I used Key Visa, I don’t drive so it was a bus/taxi to BKK to submit the application then similar to collect it. The Key Visa fee would have more than covered the cost of the taxi fares, if I used the bus Pattaya to Ekamai then transport to VFS, a long day I don’t need.

UK Passport Office has improved muchly recently.

I applied on-line for a renewal on the morning of 23rd June, old passport was sent from Glasgow afternoon 24th.

New Passport received at Glasgow address  midday 4th. July and old one on 8th. July.

• Like 1

i recently made an online application using UK passport website

application was submitted June 18th

i got DHL message saying New passport  is expected delivery July 18th

i paid 115 GBP + cost of mailing old passport to UK office 

I won't be using any agents ever again or going to BKK 

the website say 11 weeks but it seems quicker, my case is slightly tricky because i hold 2 UK passports 

Application history

Status Date
Passport printed 3:25am on 13 July 2022
Application approved 2:13pm on 12 July 2022
Documents received 7:58am on 4 July 2022
Application received 3:57am on 18 June 2022
Application submitted 3:56am on 18 June 2022

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

the website say 11 weeks but it seems quicker, my case is slightly tricky because i hold 2 UK passports 

Application history

Status Date

Are you saying you were in Thailand with no passport.....?

Just now, transam said:

Are you saying you were in Thailand with no passport.....?

to answer you 'YES"

however my case is different from most, I hold 2 UK passports due to be a frequent traveler

I made an online application to renew my 2nd (alternate ) passport, i sent a letter explaining this and included the letter with my passport i wanted to renew. even the photo is uploaded and reviewed online, so very easy process.

I believe if you want to renew your passport it is the same case.

its taken approx 30 days, due to a delay in me being able to mail my passport to UK office.

image.png.bfa8ce6648463701530384f81b777ade.png

1 minute ago, bolt said:

to answer you 'YES"

however my case is different from most, I hold 2 UK passports due to be a frequent traveler

I made an online application to renew my 2nd (alternate ) passport, i sent a letter explaining this and included the letter with my passport i wanted to renew. even the photo is uploaded and reviewed online, so very easy process.

I believe if you want to renew your passport it is the same case.

its taken approx 30 days, due to a delay in me being able to mail my passport to UK office.

image.png.bfa8ce6648463701530384f81b777ade.png

That's a different scenario to 99% of us...????

1 minute ago, transam said:

That's a different scenario to 99% of us...????

no not really

the New UK passport renewal system is excellent

no forms to fill in

no forms to sign

only put your current passport details into the system

upload Photo, photo is reviewed and if approved that's it

pay the amount

then send your passport and wait approx 3-4 weeks 

new passport arrives 

old passport arrives

total time is 3-4 weeks currently 

here is generic wording if you want to RENEW for 2nd frequent traveller passport

(Company name) ___________________
(Company address) _________________

Her Majesty's Passport Office
London
SW1V 1PN

Date Tuesday, 21 June 2022

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that ........................... has been employed by this company as a ............................................................. since November 2019. He is currently holding 2 UK passports 123456789 expiry 16th May 2024 and 2nd passport 123456789 expiry 26th August 2023

MR ............................ is a frequent traveller and therefore is in need to renew his second passport.......................... expiry 26th August 2023 as we anticipate several trips over the coming years. Several countries that he will be travelling to will require visas and therefore we would request a renewal of his second passport so he may obtain these visas while he travels over the next few years.

MR I....................................... will be expected to travel to below countries and several others

1.United Arab Emirates

2. State of Qatar

3. Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia

4. Republic of Yemen                 

5. Republic of Djibouti

6. State of Mongolia

7. The Kingdom of Thailand

8. Republic of Singapore

We can confirm that he will be returning to the United Arab Emirates to resume employment with this company after these trips. Please assist him in renewing his second passport allowing him to travel.

If you require any further information with regards to MR................................ employment with this company, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Yours sincerely,
___________________ (Employer Signature)
___________________ (Employer's printed name)
___________________ (Employer's title)
___________________ (Employer's phone number)

Edited by bolt

for initial request of 2nd passport 

Her Majesty's Passport Office
London
SW1V 1PN

Date__________________(No longer than one month before application)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that ___________________________ (applicant's first and last name) has been employed by this company as a _____________________ (job title) for ______________(length of employment). He has been in our employment since _____________________(employment start date).

_______________________(applicant's full name) is a frequent traveller and therefore is in need of a second passport as we anticipate several trips over the coming years. Several countries that he will be travelling to will require visas and therefore we would request a second passport so he may obtain these visas while he travels.

_____________________(applicant's name) will be expected to travel to ________________________________________________________________________________(list 6 countries that require visas) over the next few years.

We can confirm that he will be returning to the United Kingdom to resume employment with this company after these trips. Please assist him in obtaining a second passport allowing him to travel.

If you require any further information with regards to _______________________(applicant's name) employment with this company, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Yours sincerely,
___________________ (Employer Signature)
___________________ (Employer's printed name)
___________________ (Employer's title)
___________________ (Employer's phone number)

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

no not really

the New UK passport renewal system is excellent

no forms to fill in

no forms to sign

only put your current passport details into the system

upload Photo, photo is reviewed and if approved that's it

pay the amount

then send your passport and wait approx 3-4 weeks 

new passport arrives 

old passport arrives

total time is 3-4 weeks currently 

There's me thinking it was illegal to be in LOS without a passport, I mean, the theory is it must be carried at all times here, perhaps that has all changed....?

Just now, transam said:

There's me thinking it was illegal to be in LOS without a passport, I mean, the theory is it must be carried at all times here, perhaps that has all changed....?

i cannot answer that, maybe Ubonjoe can ??

On 7/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, bolt said:

Application history

Status Date

All well and good if you live in a country that allows online renewals for UK passports, Thailand isn’t one of those countries.

You don’t appear to be posting from Thailand.

20 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

All well and good if you live in a country that allows online renewals for UK passports, Thailand isn’t one of those countries.

You don’t appear to be posting from Thailand.

you could adjust your online application and perhaps ask someone to take your passport to UK and then post it to them from there

it would be returned to UK address then then that person could post it back to you via EMS

the time taken is approx. 3-4 weeks.

its worth a shot rather than going all the way to Bangkok

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Apparently you can now,

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

you can't use Online application from Thailand

if you go through the steps it requests you go to BKK 

"

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
8th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand
10110"