New regulations for traffic violation notifications

webfact

In Canada it's mandatory to renew your driver's license every five years,any outstanding  tickets that are 'on the books' have to be cleared up.No pay ,no renewal,can't get auto insurance in other words you're hooped.

Btw if you chose not to and get caught driving with an expired/suspended licence or no insurance Ai Yi Yi look out.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Each ticket will be sent within 30 days of the traffic violation and will be considered as “received” by the vehicle owner 15 days after the ticket has been sent

Which will be ignored in the same way as they are ignored now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, alien365 said:

Will these tickets be sent via recorded delivery? If not, I don't see how they can be considered received. 

Absolutely as my mail never gets delivered, it took me several e-mails to THAILAND POST to get any mail delivered after 2+ years I got 6months mail all in one go, nothing from the 2yrs before, and that only happened as I threatened to make a police report, That was 3 months ago and that was that, nothing since, unless the cops e-mail me with a tracking number  I will have no idea if I get a ticket. Yes KC Post office YOU !! useless they are. ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Each ticket will be sent within 30 days of the traffic violation and will be considered as “received” by the vehicle owner 15 days after the ticket has been sent.

And 92% will be ignored by Thai drivers and Thai police.

17 hours ago, doctormann said:

Agreed.  Small chance of a delivery within 30 days by normal snail mail where I live.  We are very lucky if we see the mailman once a month!

Once a month ! if only mine would deliver that often I would be grateful. 

• Like 1

We live up North In Phu Paman. 

We don't travel much thanks to Mr Happy Virus, but we do have to make the 2 hour trip into Khon Kaen once every few months on Highway 12. 

In May, we received a Speed Camera ticket. 

I usually save everything - This time I forgot, so no details here. 

I think it was 500 baht.

We paid at the local Post Office.

(They've always treated us well - No problem. Took a minute). 

One bit of confusion was that my wife got a phone call about the ticket before the letter arrived. 

I was suspicious of a scam. We asked a cop at a road checkpoint, and he didn't know about any phone calls. So, exercise typical <deleted> caution with these calls,

Now that we got nailed, we have noticed more and more speed camera signs along the various roads. Not that we can tell which are decoys and which are real. 

Last point - Some of these speed limits through town are 50 to 60 kph. One one have, you want to try and obey the law. On the other, feels likely to get rear ended as no one but tuk-tuks and/or  buffalo move that slow.

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Once a month ! if only mine would deliver that often I would be grateful. 

I'm in the same boat . Numerous complaints to the Post Office , 

They just blame the postman , who by the way has another primary job ,

and the postman job is his part time job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NE1 said:

I'm in the same boat . Numerous complaints to the Post Office , 

They just blame the postman , who by the way has another primary job ,

and the postman job is his part time job.

Send an E-Mail to Thailand Post and threaten with a police report, miraculously 6months of mail may turn up, but don't expect an apology or any action taken to staff, not even a verbal warning to them. But don't expect any more mail to turn up thereafter. IMO, THAILAND POST is the worst company in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Send an E-Mail to Thailand Post and threaten with a police report, miraculously 6months of mail may turn up, but don't expect an apology or any action taken to staff, not even a verbal warning to them. But don't expect any more mail to turn up thereafter. IMO, THAILAND POST is the worst company in Thailand.

Yes I got the Mrs to go to the P.O. to complain i had seen nothing for near 3 months. She was told they were short of staff but nevertheless we got a delivery a few days later. 

Mind you, in her rural home town the delivery guy was just tossing it into a corner and doing nothing for nearly a year... yet they said nothing. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Received a ticket in the mail picture shows the infraction but doesn’t show the driver. It was on a Friday in Udon which I only go once a month for Dr. appointment always on Thursday. I gave ticket

to sister in law and said pay it. Doubt if she did for financial reasons. Then what happens? 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I got the Mrs to go to the P.O. to complain i had seen nothing for near 3 months. She was told they were short of staff but nevertheless we got a delivery a few days later. 

Mind you, in her rural home town the delivery guy was just tossing it into a corner and doing nothing for nearly a year... yet they said nothing. 

@jacko45k more drivel????

4 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Received a ticket in the mail picture shows the infraction but doesn’t show the driver. 

Isn't the vehicle owner responsible for paying the ticket ?

I thought that is how it worked in Thailand.

8 hours ago, kbb said:

Now that we got nailed, we have noticed more and more speed camera signs along the various roads. Not that we can tell which are decoys and which are real. 

Use Waze app on Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

Tells you where most (not all) of the speed cameras are. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, ifmu said:

a lot of good points here  but i think it will help ...    most of the points will be ignored only the hiso will contest a ticket     i hope the fines will continue and people will learn to follow the rules  

You don't need to contest it - just ignore it........ just look at how countries in Europe deal with it - Thailand simply can't do that.

20 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Received a ticket in the mail picture shows the infraction but doesn’t show the driver. It was on a Friday in Udon which I only go once a month for Dr. appointment always on Thursday. I gave ticket

to sister in law and said pay it. Doubt if she did for financial reasons. Then what happens? 

As I presume you are the owner of the vehicle, it is registered in your name, you are responsible for all the tickets issued to it. If you choose to let your sister in law drive it, yet she refuses to accept responsibility for her actions while driving, you should reconsider your generosity. 

Edited by jacko45k

Wil penalties be applied to the driver the owner, the keeper or the vehicle?

..... how will the law be applied when someone claims not to be the driver?

first they need a photo from the front - do they have the stuff for that in every case?

If they can't establish the driver, who do they go after.

In UK law you have to say who te driver was or face a more severe penalty.

It is the OWNER who has to do this, it is the REGULAR USER of te vehicle who is deemed responsible.

so how will the Thai courts and legal system deal with this .... or does the accused just say they weren't driving and the matter fizzles out?

Edited by Thunglom

I had my registration payment suspended years ago due to non payment of a fine, and I had to go to the police station to pay it before I could renew my registration, yet here they are saying it's a new regulation? At that time there was no late fee, so that is new.