Worried about return to Thailand

On 7/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, Robin said:

I have just tried to apply for a Non O visa in UK, using the on-line application from RTE London.

Stopped as the application now demands a medical insurance certificate, and proof of funds in UK bank, which I thought were not required.  both are probably beyond me;  i do not have the money required, nor will the insurance be easy at my age (78)

So despite my good intentions to get everything possible done in advance, it seems that I have to take a chance and hope that I am granted a visa on entry.

Is this some change of rule recently introduced, or wrong information on RTE site?

Uk E Visa accepted a print out of my credit card free health insurance and current statement with around £1500 in the account. Nothing onerous

• Confused 1

On 7/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

You would be obtaining 30 day permission of stay from a visa exempt entry.

You will have no issue.

The procedure to obtain non O retirement and subsequent 12 month extension has been outlined in the thread.

You will not require insurance. 

Ignore any advice that suggests that you will. 

Chill 

Do you know if a medical cert saying you don't elephantiasis, TB, or a couple of other diseases is also required? I got all my bank documents today, photos, copies of passport, etc, intending to do Pattaya immi tomorrow, but just read something about a med cert.

I've been doing 1-year renewals of my old O sine 2015, but lost it when COVID shut me out during my renewal period

7 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Do you know if a medical cert saying you don't elephantiasis, TB, or a couple of other diseases is also required?

You have stumbled on requirements for non O-A.

Not required.

Just to clarify....you are applying for a non O retirement. ?