Gay pop star Ricky Martin in a world of trouble over incest accusations from his legal age nephew -- could face 50 years in prison

Jingthing

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is same sex incest really as bad as hetero incest?

So are you advocating this is okay?  Age of consent in Japan is 13 y/o, and it varies by country and US State.  So what if a father has sex incest with his 14 y/o son/nephew/cousin in Japan, or a mother with her 12 y/o daughter/niece/cousin in Angola? Is that okay with you?  So grooming of kids is a myth?

• Confused 2

To my mind, relationships between consenting legal age individuals should be a matter for themselves, regardless of whether they are keeping it in the family.

I am happy to note there is no suggestion anything occurred at an inappropriate age (to my mind 18), so again, no problem for me there.

If the relationship went messy, well there is no surprise there is there? A large percentage do in all relationships.

As for incest, while the genetic issues are a potential concern in heterosexual activity, can't see how that should have relevance in a gay situation.

How an otherwise legal situation between two adults should become illegal because they are related is crazy. How many generations can you take that back, because of course we all share strains of DNA from a limited number of original gene donators.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, howlee101 said:

So are you advocating this is okay?  Age of consent in Japan is 13 y/o, and it varies by country and US State.  So what if a father has sex incest with his 14 y/o son/nephew/cousin in Japan, or a mother with her 12 y/o daughter/niece/cousin in Angola? Is that okay with you?  So grooming of kids is a myth?

Oh boy, here come the haters. Ron DeSantis would be proud.

The nephew is 21.

I obviously fully condemn cases as you mentioned. Whether relations or not. DUH!

This case is NOT like that so BACK OFF. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

To my mind, relationships between consenting legal age individuals should be a matter for themselves, regardless of whether they are keeping it in the family.

I am happy to note there is no suggestion anything occurred at an inappropriate age, so again, no problem for me there.

If the relationship went messy, well there is no surprise there is there? A large percentage do in all relationships.

As for incest, while the genetic issues are a potential concern in heterosexual activity, can't see how that should have relevance in a gay situation.

How an otherwise legal situation between two adults should become illegal because they are related is crazy. How many generations can you take that back, because of course we all share strains of DNA from a limited number of original gene donators.

I'm wondering if this is a peculiarity of Puerto Rican law? It's basically a colony and is mostly Latino meaning it's mostly Catholic. If it's older law, would it even make any distinction between hetero and gay incest? Is there a distinction between siblings, nephews, cousins, parents. etc.? Same penalties for all?  This whole thing is a can of worms. because yes LGBT people do want legal equality, so in this case even if the code is very extreme, that would be equal treatment. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

But it's the legal age of consent so it's legal.  So 21 is okay? 18? 15? Where do you draw the line when the legal age of consent is lower? 

Oh give it a rest, Buster.

This is not a case of rape.

This is not a case of sex without consent.

This is not a case of sex with a minor.

I get it though -- you smell blood and want to go for the jugular.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Oh give it a rest, Buster.

Tough question to answer huh?  I get it, deflect and detract.  I'm convinced of your position in the matter.  If you disagree with the law then it's okay to violate that law.  I'm done

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

This is not about child abuse, as you would appreciate if you read the original post fully.

Whether you agree with it or not, the legal age of consent in a country is the legal age of consent.

This is not the point in question however, which I think you have missed.

It is whether two people apparently well above the legal age of consent can be prosecuted for their relationship, simply because they are related to each other.

There was no suggestion in the OP that child abuse was in any way condoned, so please nothing further on that front.

Address whether a gay relationship should be illegal purely on the context of a family tie.

He didn't miss it. He smelled blood. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

According to the latest headlines, the nephew is a mental case.

Better wait for the full story before posting sensationalist news stories

Regardless it's an interesting story.

How did it happen that consensual sex like this between uncle and legal age nephew or presumably neice could be punished with 50 years in the hoosegow?

Also Martin is an international celebrity. This is definitely a legit news item.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Regardless it's an interesting story.

How did it happen that consensual sex like this between uncle and legal age nephew or presumably neice could be punished with 50 years in the hoosegow?

Also Martin is an international celebrity. This is definitely a legit news item.

I am not condoning what happened. But, I am curious as how they are calling this incest. They are not actually blood relatives. He is kind of like a step uncle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, habanero said:

I am not condoning what happened.

From what I just read, seems a whole lot of nothing happened.  Y'all might want to wait until he actually has a court day before crucifying him.

it only states that he is 21. was this his age at the time of events of the accusation ? or his age now ?

if this is 2 consenting adults tied only by marriage as suggested by another commenter then who cares.

however. if the age at time was not legal or there was any form of unwanted sexual activity, then this is an entirely different matter.

waiting for more info. 

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

it only states that he is 21. was this his age at the time of events of the accusation ? or his age now ?

if this is 2 consenting adults tied only by marriage as suggested by another commenter then who cares.

however. if the age at time was not legal or there was any form of unwanted sexual activity, then this is an entirely different matter.

waiting for more info. 

If there was any question that this was an age of consent issue that would have been part of any lead stories about these accusations.

I have seen a few links. The emphasis is always on the legal problem being about incest, with no mention of an age of consent violation.

If anyone has anything to post that says differently, do post it.

Otherwise, enough of this noise!

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If there was any question that this was an age of consent issue that would have been part of any lead stories about these accusations.

I have seen a few links. The emphasis is always on the legal problem being about incest, with no mention of an age of consent violation.

If anyone has anything to post that says differently, do post it.

Otherwise, enough of this noise!

stop being so immature.

there may be much more to this story than is being reported....as of now. 

give it some time and as i said if those things check out then fine. 

take a breather big guy and relax. 

• Haha 1

Anyone can easily find several sources with this additional information.

Current age of alleged victim -- 21.

Length of the alleged relationship with Ricky Martin -- 7 months.

Do the freakin' math!

If true about the relationship actually happening at all and also the alleged domestic violence, etc, it's not a case about underage sex.

Who Is Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, Man Whose Incest Allegations Can Send Ricky Martin To Jail For 50 Years? Girlfriend, Net Worth (jantakareporter.com)

To add, yes obviously due to the nature of this story, most of the sources will be of the celebrity gossip, sensationalism variety, but think about it, IF there was anything in the story about an underage sex accusation, don't you get they would have jumped on that big time already? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

This story reminds me of the endogamy practiced for centuries in the Austrian and Bourbon Dynasties… Where history hides same-sex relationships.  As for the Offspring….That explains why some European kings were so hideously ugly and misshapen.  

As for Mr. Martin... Let him do with his life what he really wants and accept the consequences of being famous, of living “La Vida Loca", or of being accused by a hypocritical Society.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Should an otherwise absolutely legal relationship, become illegal, if those involved happen to be related?

UK incest law, it's OK to bang your indirect relatives Auntie/Uncle, Nephew/niece.

The prohibitions are against direct relatives, parents, children, siblings.

As for Ricky, who would care if he were banging his legal age nephew?

Certainly not me.

"Vente pa ca" was a great song.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

drama over.
"Ricky Martin is declaring “justice” in his case against his nephew, who withdrew his previous bombshell claims of harassment and being involved in a sexual relationship with the singer. "

Edited by orchis
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:41 PM, howlee101 said:

But it's the legal age of consent so it's legal.  So 21 is okay? 18? 15? Where do you draw the line when the legal age of consent is lower? 

I guess it depends on whether you're talking legally or morally.  I'm sure most would say there is a difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old, even if there is only three years between them.

If you're making a moral judgement that ignores the law, as the above seems to do, the age of consent being much lower in some countries might seem a little irrelevant.

If someone holds the opinion "well, they're two consenting adults...", bringing up age of consent in other countries doesn't seem to be relevant due to their comment involving "adults".