Gay pop star Ricky Martin in a world of trouble over incest accusations from his legal age nephew -- could face 50 years in prison

Jingthing

Chances are that the nephew found out that he also could be charged with the incest. I think it is a possibility that the acts happened, but I also agree it may have been an attempted money grab after the fact.

on topic. I believe that almost all countries have incest laws. You can tell by the legality of marriages. There is a consanguinity clause in most that tell you which relations cannot be legally married. In addition I have never seen an incest law that does distinguish between straight or gay incest. These laws are OLD and there was no thought of gay or straight when they were instituted. That said. For the record, there is an exception made in some States in the United States to incest laws and consanguinity in marriage. It’s a bit twisty but generally state that IF they are beyond child bearing years, and if a doctor can guarantee there is no possibility of issue, read children, then the state may at its discretion allow a marriage. Personally, I think that if it is between two consenting adults without the possibility of children, get out of my bedroom. That said research has been done on incest and potential attraction between siblings. Most, not all have no interest gay or straight. It has something to do with the sense of smell. It’s been several years since I read the studies. In a child (adult child)/parent relationship that same sense of smell comes into play is my understanding. There are of course exceptions, like when they are raised seperately. Legally though I think it is mostly a moral component saying that it is just wrong or unnatural. Another facet of the argument that says gay is wrong or that as humans we should restrain our sexual impulses as they are animalistic, and formulated by the same parties. For the record, not just pulling this out of my hat actually studied some of this stuff as I was a Sociology and Social Anthropology Major for my degree.

Edited by Bobbie Davies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1