Chief: 3 dead in Indiana mall shooting; witness kills gunman

Scott

Chief: 3 dead in Indiana mall shooting; witness kills gunman

e8f3ee691c0549ac84d6d4862cea9dc5

FILE - Shoppers leave the Greenwood Park Mall on May 4, 2020, in Greenwood, Ind. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police said several people were killed and others injured in a shooting Sunday, July 17, 2022, at the mall in Greenwood. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

·1 min read

GREENWOOD, Ind. (AP) — Three people were fatally shot and two were injured Sunday evening at an Indiana mall after a man with a rifle opened fire in a food court and an armed civilian shot and killed him, police said.

The man entered the Greenwood Park Mall with a rifle and several magazines of ammunition and began firing in the food court, Greenwood Police Department Chief Jim Ison said.

An armed civilian killed the man, Ison said at a news conference. In total, four people were killed and two were injured, he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-killed-shooting-indiana-mall-001121029.html?guccounter=1

YahooNews.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If everyone was carrying automatic assault rifles the gunman would have never attempted to shoot innocent others....  :whistling:  ????

.....unless the gunman was a sick demented nutter.  Which all these shooters appear to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This post might not work.  I'm not trying to hijack....the Indiana shooting is horrible, and we all know these killings will continue for a long time.   BUT...

In 2021, the Burma military took power in a coup, attacked its own people, and increased attacks on the ethnic people of Burma. The Burma Army is killing protesters in the cities and plains and killing and displacing thousands of ethnic people in the mountains.  and... In August 2018, a study estimated that more than 24,000 Rohingya people were killed by the Burmese military and local Buddhists since the "clearance operations" which had started on 25 August 2017.

I know America is a "violent" place for falangs who never been there, but open your eyes to what's going on MUCH closer to home.  I just wish we could cover more of these stories on Burma.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

This post might not work.  I'm not trying to hijack....the Indiana shooting is horrible, and we all know these killings will continue for a long time.   BUT...

In 2021, the Burma military took power in a coup, attacked its own people, and increased attacks on the ethnic people of Burma. The Burma Army is killing protesters in the cities and plains and killing and displacing thousands of ethnic people in the mountains.  and... In August 2018, a study estimated that more than 24,000 Rohingya people were killed by the Burmese military and local Buddhists since the "clearance operations" which had started on 25 August 2017.

I know America is a "violent" place for falangs who never been there, but open your eyes to what's going on MUCH closer to home.  I just wish we could cover more of these stories on Burma.  

There is a section of the forum for Myanmar.  Please feel free to post in that section.