You not understanding English isn't the reason......lol

Iamfalang

I'll start with today's story.    Restaurant, usually it's only like 50 baht.   Got something different, 80.  I had 3 20's and a 1000 note.   They struggled to get change.  No worries, I'll send it.   OK, use the phone number.  No scan, she tells me.  OK........put it in.... SHOW the lady the name and amount and ask, "OK?"  "Chai Mai?"  She looks and smiles and says OK.  

5-minutes later I'm still chilling.  Guy comes over, never got the money.  Real nice, I've been going there for a year.   Never sent money before.   He says wrong account, I have to resend.   He says he has a scan.  lol.  I had to tell him, "I showed her the name and amount."  She laughs, "no understand English."   Whatever, I shake my head a few times and remind myself this is nothing.   I do it again, show him, he says "OK."  sent.   

I realize there's a bank on the way home. go inside.  Lady says, "must go to the police station."  I laugh.   no.  Then she gives me the phone number of the account.  LOL.    Hilarious.    I'll have a Thai friend call.   I'm 100% positive no American bank is giving over a phone number.   

Next story.   Watch shop.   OK, 1 week done.  come back.  It's been EIGHT weeks, and yesterday some guy says maybe three months.  ????????  Had to send it to BKK and maybe they had to order whatever...... I asked why didn't they tell me any of this.  

only smiles.

Almost six years, and I still blame myself for all of this.........it is funny, in a strange way.     

• Like 2

I've been here since 2004, sometimes I still just want to go and bash my head against something solid!

Dealing with Thai contractors on a daily basis just causes nervous breakdowns.

• Like 1