AirAsia announces sale on Hua Hin to Chiang Mai flights, fares just 983 THB

webfact

image.jpeg

An AirAsia plane at Hua Hin Airport. File photo

By Online Reporter

With this offer from AirAsia, it is now probably cheaper to fly from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai than it is fill your car with gasoline. 

AirAsia has slashed the price of fares for flights from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai.

Passengers traveling in August and September will get a 30% discount on the price of the fares, the airline has announced.

It means that the price of fares for flights from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai are just 983.25THB

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/airasia-announces-sale-on-hua-hin-to-chiang-mai-flights-fares-just-983-thb/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-07-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

Unless things change, you taxi to/from town to HH airport will be about the same as that 1000 baht airfare.  2019 and 400-500 baht was the norm, 1 way.  Actually cheaper to take the bus or minivan to Bangkok ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All very nice, but what are they charging for the return fare?

yes .....  they hike the return leg up into the higher price so you are not getting it any cheaper than normal.  imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Get the overnight bus back.

I have no desire whatsoever to repeat that experience. Bangkok to Chiang Mai, with a female bus conductor who would have been quite at home in a Nazi concentration camp. Or should I say British, because they started them.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

home in a Nazi concentration camp. Or should I say British, because they started them.

Actually it was the Spanish who started them during the Spanish-Cuban war in 1868!    

Edited by DezLez

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One can only hope they start utilizing Hua Hin airport more. It is an ideal location for a regional hub, and few of us can understand why it is so devoid of flights and utility. 

As an intern'l tourist or even an expat, HH wouldn't be my choice for a holiday, especially a beach holiday.  Over night pit stop, long weekend maybe (Jazz Fest), but not as a holiday destination, especially from afar.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As an intern'l tourist or even an expat, HH wouldn't be my choice for a holiday, especially a beach holiday.  Over night pit stop, long weekend maybe (Jazz Fest), but not as a holiday destination, especially from afar.

It is however a great location as far as being retired with a family here.  It is why we chose PKK.  Close to BKK as it is only 2 hours and 30 minutes away, and it is nice and quiet.  Not for those single guys who need the nightlife.  Plus when the issues with Myanmar get better, we can always head over the hill to Myeik, Which has great beaches. Just need to use Mawdaung Pass off of AH12.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Maybe not. That is subjective. I like HH. Great good. Relaxed. Not expensive. But regardless, that does not negate it's potential usefulness as a hub for travel elsewhere. Anything to take pressure off the Bangkok airports, and anything to avoid Bangkok traffic. 

I think HH flights would be very useful and the airport would be popular, if they offered a range of local and regional flights. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Take the train, it is a nice trip.

Mayne, but the trains desperately need upgrading, as they seem like a trip back in time, and they are rarely ever on time. I have sat on platforms for 3 hours before. 

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody there

Just not true. Hua Hin is a large population center, has a large expat population, and is popular among local and foreign tourists. The location is ideal for a hub, and that airport is needed. Any alternative to flying into or out of Bangkok is outstanding. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just not true. Hua Hin is a large population center, has a large expat population, and is popular among local and foreign tourists. The location is ideal for a hub, and that airport is needed. Any alternative to flying into or out of Bangkok is outstanding. 

There are more people in Working Street in Pattaya on a Saturday  night than in the whole of Hua Hin. It's a depressing joyless dump. Dreadful hotel  beachside hotel development, a badly run,  unimaginative local government...HH is worth 3 or 4 days

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There are more people in Working Street in Pattaya on a Saturday  night than in the whole of Hua Hin. It's a depressing joyless dump. Dreadful hotel  beachside hotel development, a badly run,  unimaginative local government...HH is worth 3 or 4 days

Dreadful hotels beachside, Really?  I think you have missed out on the nice hotels which we stay at, of course we are talking 4 star and 5 star hotels.  Beautiful beach access in Cha Am all the way down to Pranburi. Awesome places, but then not the nightlife single expats want.  Before we bought the Villa house in the Khao Tao Lake area we stayed all over and the daughter enjoyed riding the horses on the beaches.  You might want to expand your views a little bit.  Sure its not the Andaman side style of beaches but there are very many nice beaches especially down near the Pranburi Forest reserve and the Bella Costa Condos which are ocean front. Having the condo in BKK near Lumpini Park and the House gives us a good variety.  If I need to access Suvarnabhumi then I can drive up and park in the condo, take the MRT to the SRT and to the airport without the need for a taxi.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dreadful hotels beachside, Really?  I think you have missed out on the nice hotels which we stay at, of course we are talking 4 star and 5 star hotels.  Beautiful beach access in Cha Am all the way down to Pranburi. Awesome places, but then not the nightlife single expats want.  Before we bought a house in the Khao Tao Lake area we stayed all over and the daughter enjoyed riding the horses on the beaches.  You might want to expand your views a little bit.  Sure its not the Andaman side style of beaches but there are very many nice beaches especially down near the Pranburi Forest reserve and the Bella Costa Condos which are ocean front. Having the condo in BKK near Lumpini Park and the House gives us a good variety.  If I need to access Suvarnabhumi then I can drive up and park in the condo, take the MRT to the SRT and to the airport without the need for a taxi.

LOL I wrote 'dreadful hotel ribbon  development' in which case, presuming you know about civic design the phrase does not reference individual hotels but their quantity and location. Ribbon development is considered terrible because it is well....dreadful. Coastal  Hotel ribbon development was a feature of resorts in Spain and Italy in the 60s and 70s. Now illegal, the old ones have been replaced allowing equable  access to the beach, tailored uses of resources and generally environmental beneficial.

Thus the dreadful ribbon development of tourist hotels make Hua Hin a pretty awful place these days.

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Dreadful hotel  beachside hotel development, a badly run,  unimaginative local government...HH is worth 3 or 4 days

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

LOL I wrote 'dreadful hotel ribbon  development' in which case, presuming you know about civic design the phrase does not reference individual hotels but their quantity and location. Ribbon development is considered terrible because it is well....dreadful. Coastal  Hotel ribbon development was a feature of resorts in Spain and Italy in the 60s and 70s. Now illegal, the old ones have been replaced allowing equable  access to the beach, tailored uses of resources and generally environmental beneficial.

Thus the dreadful ribbon development of tourist hotels make Hua Hin a pretty awful place these days.

Not what you wrote, but if you want to believe it thats your view.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Let us agree to disagree. Have friends with gorgeous homes and condos there, the selection of great hotels is impressive, the food is excellent, the proximity to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap and points south is excellent, and I know many who love living there. 

And HH has a huge expat population. 

• Thanks 1