AirAsia announces sale on Hua Hin to Chiang Mai flights, fares just 983 THB

webfact

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There are more people in Working Street in Pattaya on a Saturday  night than in the whole of Hua Hin. It's a depressing joyless dump. Dreadful hotel  beachside hotel development, a badly run,  unimaginative local government...HH is worth 3 or 4 days

why are people working on Saturday night ?

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:22 PM, spidermike007 said:

Let us agree to disagree. Have friends with gorgeous homes and condos there, the selection of great hotels is impressive, the food is excellent, the proximity to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap and points south is excellent, and I know many who love living there. 

And HH has a huge expat population. 

I have been there! A 'huge' expat population. Lol.  Its doesn't have a huge expat population which would  not necessarily  be a bonus anyway. Its a bland featureless town. A very boring beach layout shrouded by hotels which often dominate or limit beach access. I like  the fish restaurant  area, the station and the little boxing stadium. But by an large its a rather depressing  place- perhaps  it suits low energy  people. The entertainment area- soi binta baht is disappointing neither one thing or another just dozens of bars lacking style blasting out incoherent music. There is more variety and design in one soi such as LK Metro in Pattaya than the whole of SBB. Obviously HH suits some people and has its fans but its difficult  to see why.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have been there! A 'huge' expat population. Lol.  Its doesn't have a huge expat population which would  not necessarily  be a bonus anyway. Its a bland featureless town. A very boring beach layout shrouded by hotels which often dominate or limit beach access. I like  the fish restaurant  area, the station and the little boxing stadium. But by an large its a rather depressing  place- perhaps  it suits low energy  people. The entertainment area- soi binta baht is disappointing neither one thing or another just dozens of bars lacking style blasting out incoherent music. There is more variety and design in one soi such as LK Metro in Pattaya than the whole of SBB. Obviously HH suits some people and has its fans but its difficult  to see why.

Guess you have not visited recently. Your points are baseless.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Not what you wrote, but if you want to believe it thats your view.

I was rephrasing it to help you understand the concept  ribbon  development which you took to Jean dreadful  hotels. I wrote:

"Dreadful hotel  beachside hotel development, a badly run,  unimaginative local government...HH is worth 3 or 4 days"

I omitted the word 'ribbon' but clearly I was referring  to dreadful beachside development comprised of hotels ' I certainly was not suggesting the hotels individually were dreadfull. They seem rather nice actually and quite posh. I suspect  you might be a bit sensitive and not have much knowledge of urban design  and contemporary  town planning. I certainly  did not mean to  suggest you took your family to dreadful  hotels which is how you  seemed to interpret my observation.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Guess you have not visited recently. Your points are baseless.

LOL...Recently would have been covid times or within the last few weeks  when covid restrictions were lifted. I last visited HH  before covid so it was as busy as its going to  get. But a 'huge expat population ' is not an attraction to me necessarily. Its an ugly place with a characterless highway cutting through  the front, the beach hidden my modern hotels. The place has centre, no character no buzz. I guess its a good retirement  place for  married golfer types. I liked the  HH people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:15 AM, spidermike007 said:

One can only hope they start utilizing Hua Hin airport more. It is an ideal location for a regional hub, and few of us can understand why it is so devoid of flights and utility. 

geeeze .... I can think of far better destinations than HH for a holiday ....   HCMC for one ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Sounds like you haven't been there in a while. Bintabang is history. That entire area has faded. All the action is now between soi 94 and soi 88. Dozens of new bars and clubs. 

• Thanks 1