Can't get certificate of residence for license renewal

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That doesn't make any sense.

I don't see why you don't think this makes sense.  In order for the Tesaban to issue a yellow house registration book some require you to produce a certificate of residence from immigration, a document proving that you live at a particular residence.

The Land Transport Office has the same requirement for the same reason.

Edited by skatewash

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The yellow book is proof of address for falangies that what I use for proof of address at yearly extension.

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

I was requested only these documents by Khet Chatuchak, Bkk -

•  Passport photo page with a Thai translation
  • Marriage certificate together with Thai spouse’s national ID card and own blue house book 
  • 1 witness
  • 5 photos, 1X1 inch

Took about an hour to get it (Pink Id included)

After living here so many years, you should know that in every government office, the one behind the desk makes up his own rules and laws on the spot. The OP is a good example of that.

Some DLT offices don't accept yellow book or pink card as proof of address, although we all know that it is actually the ultimate proof of address.

To obtain a yellow book, again in every Amphur the official responsible for issuing the yellow book makes up his own rules.

Normally a certificate of residence is required, some even request that it only can be issued by your embassy, then has to be officially translated, and then verified by the Ministry of internal affairs.

Of course your mileage may vary,

Me for example got my yellow book without any documents other than a copy of my passport, translated by a translation office in soi post office. No witnesses or whatever.

The previous day I still needed the whole everything, including verification by the ministry of internal affairs and witnesses

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Believe what you want, my name is in her blue book. I even have a translation of it we used to prove we are living together when we now applying for Schengen family reunion.

I believe lawyers

In the blue book (tabien baan) only foreigners with official recidency in Thailand can be registered in a blue house book. Read more in the reference link below. In case of a foreign owner this book is usually empty.

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/63-buying-a-condominium/54-condominium-house-blue-book-and-yellow-book

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterfranks said:

I believe lawyers

In the blue book (tabien baan) only foreigners with official recidency in Thailand can be registered in a blue house book. Read more in the reference link below. In case of a foreign owner this book is usually empty.

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/63-buying-a-condominium/54-condominium-house-blue-book-and-yellow-book

Well, as quoted before, practice might differ from office to office. I'm positive I'm in her book, and do not have any yellow book anymore. 

31 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I believe lawyers

What does it mean by 'foreigners with official residency'? This definition is quite vague. Does a one year visa means official residency if extended for xx years?

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What does it mean by 'foreigners with official residency'? This definition is quite vague. Does a one year visa means official residency if extended for xx years?

They mean permanent residency in Thailand.  You would know if you had permanent residency, it's not an easy process.   One year visas or extensions of stay are not permanent.  Permanent residency is explained here:

https://www.thaicitizenship.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-thai-permanent-residence/

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

Believe what you want, my name is in her blue book. I even have a translation of it we used to prove we are living together when we now applying for Schengen family reunion.

We were told in our province I cannot be in my wife's house book. 

I believe you as I have a friend who is in his wife's blue book but doesn't have his name on the land ownership paper where they had a new house built. 

I think it depends on the province as they said this is Thailand. ???? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skatewash said:

I don't see why you don't think this makes sense.  In order for the Tesaban to issue a yellow house registration book some require you to produce a certificate of residence from immigration, a document proving that you live at a particular residence.

The Land Transport Office has the same requirement for the same reason.

It didn't make sense because I didn't have to get anything from immigration at the time. 

My wife and her house book were proof of me having an address.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peterfranks said:

After living here so many years, you should know that in every government office, the one behind the desk makes up his own rules and laws on the spot. The OP is a good example of that.

Some DLT offices don't accept yellow book or pink card as proof of address, although we all know that it is actually the ultimate proof of address.

To obtain a yellow book, again in every Amphur the official responsible for issuing the yellow book makes up his own rules.

Normally a certificate of residence is required, some even request that it only can be issued by your embassy, then has to be officially translated, and then verified by the Ministry of internal affairs.

Of course your mileage may vary,

Me for example got my yellow book without any documents other than a copy of my passport, translated by a translation office in soi post office. No witnesses or whatever.

The previous day I still needed the whole everything, including verification by the ministry of internal affairs and witnesses

Over the years I know what my province wants and needs because as everyone says TIT. 

You get told many things by other people and don't know whether it's true or not I myself only believe it if I have seen or know for myself through experience.

16 years ago Suk province office never heard of yellow books it was only the insistence of my wife that got the head of the dept to find out because they refused to put me in her house book. 

After about 3 visit all done over 3 weeks. 

The second time was funny with having to have a head official from our village govt office the family there especially my sweet old mum in law who was asked what day was you born,  she said in the summer time.

Reminded me of Croc Dundee when I asked what all the hysterical laughter was about.

In mums day there were practically no records kept of anything much. 

The govt office worked out a date for her working one out from the eldest born son. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

We were told in our province I cannot be in my wife's house book. 

I believe you as I have a friend who is in his wife's blue book but doesn't have his name on the land ownership paper where they had a new house built. 

I think it depends on the province as they said this is Thailand. ???? 

For all I know, they was out of yellow books ????????

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to tidy up the loose end of what happened. I made contact with an agent in Pattaya who suggested doing a TM30 to a temporary hotel address, plus a COR for 1500. It would cost me an overnight (at least) trip, probably over 5k in all and still have to do another TM30, plus have maybe some other unintended side effect with my upcoming extension and re-entry permit.

My daughter in law made contact with Immigration in another office and another contact of hers who confirmed Chantaburi wouldn't do it and were a pack of bastards. I then mentioned the yellow book and she phoned the Amphur who said at that time they had never heard of it. Anyway they eventually rang back, went there yesterday and it appears I am getting one. Kudos to her for following it up, I was over it. Anyway the process is extremely long winded, a 2 page declaration from each of the wife, me, her sister and we have to take the pu yai baan in for one as well. Photo of us together, translated copy of passport and copies of all other documents. we were there over 2 hours. Cost; well the wife gave the staff a 500 bht tip which wasn't asked for, and I know she will give the pu yai probably a k. The translation was 650 plus 50 for Kerry. The declaration included things like blood type and scars and was quite painstakingly written out by a young lady who just happened to be by far the most attractive of the 8 female staff in there, 2 males. I have no idea how they occupy themselves, didn't seem to be at all busy.

Once upon a time I'd have been impatiently all over this, but now I was actually enjoying being driven around but knew it would pall eventually so getting it on Thai time will be good.