Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

The border officials are not on strike or in dispute. And why aren't nationals of other countries complaining?

Not turning in for work is just to similar to striking. Don't worry though, their air traffic controllers will be on strike soon. It's that time of year.
They are not doing it to the borders of other countries, why would they complain. I'm sure nationals of other countries stuck at Dover are complaining too. UK MSM don't generally publish complaints about the EU. Why not have a read of European Truckers Weekly where I'm sure there will be plenty of other nationals complaining about being caught up in French bullheadedness. (Again, like last Christmas.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So you managed to take a snap at the shelf stackers' tea break, or just before they were cleaning fridges. Its all still spin to try and portray doom and gloom.

Wow....gaslighting or genuinely deluding yourself?

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Tell the Welsh that those were vanity projects.

Why, did I miss the EU funding Welsh steelworks or reopening mines? EU rules prevented us supporting many parts of Welsh industry.
EU funds for a few cycleways don't cut the mustard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Wow....gaslighting or genuinely deluding yourself?

OK, tell me five numbers between 1 & 32  and I will go to my supermarket today and take a photo of the shelves in the aisles and see whether they are full or empty .

Give me five numbers between 1 and 32 and I will post the photos later .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, tell me five numbers between 1 & 32  and I will go to my supermarket today and take a photo of the shelves in the aisles and see whether they are full or empty .

Give me five numbers between 1 and 32 and I will post the photos later .

May I suggest that you take a more adult view of the discussion?

It wasn't the first place visited. The first place visited, Budgens, was even more sparsely decorated with items. So moved on to LIDL. 

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Have you been asleep at the key board since Friday?

It was a perfectly honest question. I hadn't read that it was the case, so can you point me in the right direction? 

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Those must be amazingly advanced cycleways given that the shortfall for 3 year amounts to 772 million pounds.

Written Statement: Loss of funding to Wales as a result of the UK Government’s arrangements for replacement EU funding

https://gov.wales/written-statement-loss-funding-wales-result-uk-governments-arrangements-replacement-eu-funding

Yep, they would probably by typical of our own (EU for you) cash being squandered on vastly inflated vanity projects. 
Oooeer, a written statement by the Welsh asking for more money? Try a pinch of salt with every word in there.

Just now, Loiner said:

Yep, they would probably by typical of our own (EU for you) cash being squandered on vastly inflated vanity projects. 
Oooeer, a written statement by the Welsh asking for more money? Try a pinch of salt with every word in there.

Except that the EU doesn't get to shape these projects. That's done by the locals. The Welsh are not asking for more money. They're asking for as much money. Which is what the Conservatives promised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, baboon said:

It was a perfectly honest question. I hadn't read that it was the case, so can you point me in the right direction? 

Look here, I'm pointing towards the previous posts in this thread.  ????

You could also see other current threads where the same subject is discussed.

8 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

May I suggest that you take a more adult view of the discussion?

It wasn't the first place visited. The first place visited, Budgens, was even more sparsely decorated with items. So moved on to LIDL. 

I go to ASDA, TESCO , Sainsburys and the CO-OP and I haven't noticed any shortages , but saying that , last Wednesday ASDA didn't have any Southern fried Chicken fillets , so I got Southern fried chicken nuggets  instead 

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Look here, I'm pointing towards the previous posts in this thread.  ????

You could also see other current threads where the same subject is discussed.

Yes, but from which news story was the accusation derived, is my question.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Except that the EU doesn't get to shape these projects. That's done by the locals. The Welsh are not asking for more money. They're asking for as much money. Which is what the Conservatives promised.

So the EU sent bucket loads of cash to Wales for the senedd to spend?

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Those must be amazingly advanced cycleways given that the shortfall for 3 year amounts to 772 million pounds.

Written Statement: Loss of funding to Wales as a result of the UK Government’s arrangements for replacement EU funding

https://gov.wales/written-statement-loss-funding-wales-result-uk-governments-arrangements-replacement-eu-funding

Due to the unforeseen  cost of Covid and the need to pay for that , all Government spending has been reviewed and changed 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Yes, but from which news story was the accusation derived, is my question.

Plenty of them, unless you are very restrictive in your reading. Go have a look elsewhere than the Garuniad.

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I go to ASDA, TESCO , Sainsburys and the CO-OP and I haven't noticed any shortages , but saying that , last Wednesday ASDA didn't have any Southern fried Chicken fillets , so I got Southern fried chicken nuggets  instead 

Anyway, have a pleasant afternoon. Sunday has proved to be a very strange day on this forum. ???? 

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why would the Welsh have a problem with bucket loads of cash?

It sounds like they didn't and are now suffering withdrawal symptoms. It's cold turkey time from the EU teat.

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Plenty of them, unless you are very restrictive in your reading. Go have a look elsewhere than the Garuniad.

Well it was not mentioned in the OP to this thread, so I had a Google around and guess what?  Nothing. How very odd...