Departure ticket to get visa exempt

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes ...Google "onward flight".

Many companies provide ticket to satisfy airline requirement.

Or book cheap throw away ticket 

As far as I understand these companies will provide you with a valid flight reservation (for 24 hours or so). But they do not actually provide you with an E-ticket. So you have to dupe both the checkin desk and the immig desk with a piece of paper that is not actually a ticket. Not sure how that works out in practise.

39 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Not sure how that works out in practise.

It works.

Alternative is to book cheapest throw away.

I booked a trip yesterday to Saigon one way 1500baht.

Not ideal but an option.

Rare to be asked for ticket at arrival it's more for the airline.

I have shown flight screenshot when asked by Jetstar out of Oz.

• Thanks 1

I've been looking and can't find if ThaiPass and 30 day Covid insurance are still required either. Coming back the 8th of Aug from the states.

Left with 2 months left on my married Non-O extension and no reentry permit as we planned on staying much longer.

11 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

As far as I understand these companies will provide you with a valid flight reservation (for 24 hours or so). But they do not actually provide you with an E-ticket. So you have to dupe both the checkin desk and the immig desk with a piece of paper that is not actually a ticket. Not sure how that works out in practise.

you are correct, so i was wondering it is legal or illegal to use this service... 

12 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I've been looking and can't find if ThaiPass and 30 day Covid insurance are still required either. Coming back the 8th of Aug from the states.

Left with 2 months left on my married Non-O extension and no reentry permit as we planned on staying much longer.

No Thaipass or insurance required.

If you are vaccinated have proof with you. 

Your 2 months left on extension is irrelevant as you did not obtain reentry permit.

11 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

you are correct, so i was wondering it is legal or illegal to use this service... 

Illegal doesn't come into it.

The rent ticket would either be accepted or rejected.

If rejected could step away from check in and book throw away flight.

Have never read report of airline not accepting. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Illegal doesn't come into it.

The rent ticket would either be accepted or rejected.

If rejected could step away from check in and book throw away flight.

Have never read report of airline not accepting. 

i see.. thanks for the reply and the answer..

but i was thinking.. if it is not a real ticket (seems so) and its obviously created a way to avoid immigration in the world to show a ticket.. So i was wondering why it is not illegal.. or is it but no one say anything? Why illegal doesnt come into it?! Also im sure immigration aware of these tickets too.. so doesnt it look more suspicious? please dont get me wrong, im just trying to understand few things

thanks

Edited by problemfarang

10 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Also im sure immigration aware of these tickets too.. so doesnt it look more suspicious? please dont get me wrong, im just trying to understand few things

Immigration really does not care about return ticket. It is only for the flight. If immigration asks for a return ticket, they have already decided to deny entry and looking for an excuse and in that scenario, the ticket is not valid because reservation has expired. You can attempt to buy a return ticket on the spot, but immigration will find another reason to deny you entry. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i see.. thanks for the reply and the answer..

but i was thinking.. if it is not a real ticket (seems so) and its obviously created a way to avoid immigration in the world to show a ticket.. So i was wondering why it is not illegal.. or is it but no one say anything? Why illegal doesnt come into it?! Also im sure immigration aware of these tickets too.. so doesnt it look more suspicious? please dont get me wrong, im just trying to understand few things

thanks

No offense taken.

I have read report recently of immigration at passport control in Thailand asking for

flight out.

That turned out to be 3 years ago at a time when DMK (in particular) went a bit crazy.

It's very rare for that to occur.

The requirement of onward flight would in the main be from airline at departure.

BTW the guy that made report did not have onward flight and was admitted.

Edited by DrJack54