CNX Agent Recommendation

night_rider

Post to share or PM if you prefer.

I'm looking for a visa agent for a Non-O with financial assistance. I'm looking locally here in Chiang Mai.

I spoke to one local agency and they quoted 45k (15 mth + financial assistance). The same in Pattaya runs 25k at Maneerat.

I'd like to match or better that price without the necessity of going to Pattaya. Of course if I do go I may find use for the difference.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

12 hours ago, CMBob said:

It will be interesting to see if the mods allow this thread.

It is a common topic in the visa forum but I am seeking specific recommendation in Chiang Mai.

Many argue that Immigration prefer the use of agents. An example, a police order says that Immigration should accept 2 monthly deposits for the first Non-O retirement visa. I messaged Chiang Mai Immigration and they will not accept it. I did not tell them I knew of the police order. I'm not looking for a fight. Immigration is aware of agents and their action or inaction often convey a preference that people use them. At least that is a reasonable interpretation.

The should or should not of it varies. Some simply do not want their money tied to limited returns. Some want to be unimpeachable if questioned. I do me. What you choose is in your wheelhouse. I'll still tilt a beer with you.

11 minutes ago, night_rider said:

....The should or should not of it varies. Some simply do not want their money tied to limited returns. Some want to be unimpeachable if questioned. I do me. What you choose is in your wheelhouse. I'll still tilt a beer with you.

As you can see, I am not shooting negativity at anybody that chooses to skirt the rules.  As they say so often here, it's up to you.  I am fortunate enough to be able to park 800k in a bank here (although the interest is lousy, I really look at it as a financial safety net in case I get into medical or other trouble) and chicken enough to not want any element of risk to my living here.  

• Like 1