Immigration paperwork requirements for a marriage extension at Kamphaeng Phet (in Thai)

Last week I did a 90 day extension and asked if they had a copy of the requirements.

They did, but in Thai.

I asked my wife to help translate it to English, but her English is not good enough and neither is that of my Thai neighbour.

AFAIK this is for KPP only but the majority "should" apply to most offices.

It comes out as an ACDSee photo image

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Marriage Extention Requirements v01 Thai 2022.jpg

I have no idea what it says but I just this list and it was accepted every year at Buriram and Pattaya Immigration

1)      Copy Passport

a.       Copy Face Page

b.       Copy last Non – O

c.       Copy Last Entry Stamp into Thailand

d.       Copy Last Extension of Stay

e.       Copy TM 6 Departure Card

f.        Copy 90 day report

2)      Copy Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3) + Original

3)      Marriage Certification (Khor Ror 2) - from Amphur

4)      Copy Tabien Baan Wife + Original

5)      ID Card Wife + Original

6)      Family Photos 

7)      Map to the House (Complete with GPS Coordinates)

Copy Yellow House Book + Original

9)      Bank Book Fixed Deposit

a.       Bank letter Fixed Deposit obtainable from Bank

b.       Copy First Page (Name)

c.       Copy Page before Last

d.       Copy Last Page

11)   TM 7 Immigration Form (2 Copies)

12)   Photo Size 4x6 (2 x)

Everything Double Copy

Edit: There were also some forms that you and the wife had to fill in when at Immigration, but they gave the forms to you!

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have no idea what it says but I just this list and it was accepted every year at Buriram and Pattaya Immigration

1)      Copy Passport

a.       Copy Face Page

b.       Copy last Non – O

c.       Copy Last Entry Stamp into Thailand

d.       Copy Last Extension of Stay

e.       Copy TM 6 Departure Card

f.        Copy 90 day report

2)      Copy Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3) + Original

3)      Marriage Certification (Khor Ror 2) - from Amphur

4)      Copy Tabien Baan Wife + Original

5)      ID Card Wife + Original

6)      Family Photos 

7)      Map to the House (Complete with GPS Coordinates)

Copy Yellow House Book + Original

9)      Bank Book Fixed Deposit

a.       Bank letter Fixed Deposit obtainable from Bank

b.       Copy First Page (Name)

c.       Copy Page before Last

d.       Copy Last Page

11)   TM 7 Immigration Form (2 Copies)

12)   Photo Size 4x6 (2 x)

Everything Double Copy

Edit: There were also some forms that you and the wife had to fill in when at Immigration, but they gave the forms to you!

Does the 

Copy Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3) + Original

3)      Marriage Certification (Khor Ror 2) - from Amphur only apply to marriages conducted in Thailand?

We give them a Khor Ror 22 and a copy of the Amphur marriage registration as we married in the UK.

We also give a copy of the original and certified translation of the UK marriage licence plus  a copy of our sons birth certificate in English and Thai.

• Like 1

I had my wife have a look and what it says was

1- Tm7
2- Passport / visa / Non - O copy
3- Kr 3 / Kr2 / kr22 / Birth Certificate

4 Tabien Baan /id card
5- Bank!! Papers either 40k per month or 400k deposit

6- Additional Papers like receipt for money given etc etc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Copy Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3) + Original

3)      Marriage Certification (Khor Ror 2) - from Amphur only apply to marriages conducted in Thailand?

We give them a Khor Ror 22 and a copy of the Amphur marriage registration as we married in the UK.

Yes I think so. The copy of the Amphur Marriage Registration is the Kr2!

The shiny piece of paper which we got from the Amphur when we got married is the Kr3!

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

We also give a copy of the original and certified translation of the UK marriage licence plus  a copy of our sons birth certificate in English and Thai.

That should be more then enough!

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Yes I think so. The copy of the Amphur Marriage Registration is the Kr2!

The shiny piece of paper which we got from the Amphur when we got married is the Kr3!

That should be more then enough!

They always want more, with one copy to KPP and another for regional HQ at Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

They always want more, with one copy to KPP and another for regional HQ at Chiang Mai.

We always used to go with a briefcase full of (maybe relevant) papers, even took my old passports /old bank books with me etc etc just in case they asked for them and also because it was a 120km round trip ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

We always used to go with a briefcase full of (maybe relevant) papers, even took my old passports /old bank books with me etc etc just in case they asked for them and also because it was a 120km round trip ????

The first time I took about 60 sheets for each and the laminated copies of the important translated documents. She threw over 20 in each stack away and sent us home after telling my wife (in Thai of course) what she wanted.

They have moved offices 4 times in the last 10 years and they are now in what looks like a purpose built place with plenty of good parking and about 70km from our house.

I did my first marriage application at Kamphaeng Phet back in May and having only moved to the province late last year I was quite astonished at how awkward immigration there was having been for what had been extremely easy and straightforward things to do in Hua Hin. To cut a long story short when I said I would change to a marriage extension fully expecting even more hassle the female boss changed her attitude completely and the whole office bent over backwards to help me to the extent from actually getting married to getting the stamp in my passport was 19 days. Anyway to answer the original poster, I was initially given the same piece of paper which even my Thai wife had trouble understanding what they required but I was certainly never asked for my birth certificate at any time but other than that the requirements listed by MCJM were wanted with literally everything in duplicate. I also found that if I left all the talking to my wife things seemed easier as I often saw my wife and the boss laughing with each other over comments they were making and indeed on our house visit 2 officers were there for about 30 mins and not once apart from initial greeting was I even spoken to.

On a side issue I always read here that marriage extensions are only approved by Bangkok but on more than one occasion were told that our application went to Chaing Mai for approval and indeed that was told to my wife by the house visit officers prior to their leaving, I only know what they told me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

On a side issue I always read here that marriage extensions are only approved by Bangkok but on more than one occasion were told that our application went to Chaing Mai for approval and indeed that was told to my wife by the house visit officers prior to their leaving, I only know what they told me.

The extensions are approved by the division level of immigration that the office where you apply is under.

For the northern region of Thailand it is Division 5 headquared in Chiang Mai. 

Only those done in the central region are sent is Division 3 in Bangkok or those applied for in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana are sent to Division 1.

The others are division 4 (Koen Kaen) for the northeast and division 6 (Hat Yai) in the south.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I did my first marriage application at Kamphaeng Phet back in May and having only moved to the province late last year I was quite astonished at how awkward immigration there was having been for what had been extremely easy and straightforward things to do in Hua Hin. To cut a long story short when I said I would change to a marriage extension fully expecting even more hassle the female boss changed her attitude completely and the whole office bent over backwards to help me to the extent from actually getting married to getting the stamp in my passport was 19 days. Anyway to answer the original poster, I was initially given the same piece of paper which even my Thai wife had trouble understanding what they required but I was certainly never asked for my birth certificate at any time but other than that the requirements listed by MCJM were wanted with literally everything in duplicate. I also found that if I left all the talking to my wife things seemed easier as I often saw my wife and the boss laughing with each other over comments they were making and indeed on our house visit 2 officers were there for about 30 mins and not once apart from initial greeting was I even spoken to.

Actually the applications for a marriage visa are normally sent to the regional office, which for KPP is region #5 and Chiang Mai.

The older lady that does the extensions normally rings my wife when approval is granted by CM.

The birth certificate wanted, is for our son who will be 18 on Monday.