[TR60] Embassy in Kuala Lumpur wants me to pay my entire stay up front

On 7/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, Bobbie Davies said:

Geisha, quite correct on the usage of VOA, and yes it is visa exempt status. And yes’s 30 days 2 extensions then run. Beyond that not rubbish. If you don’t meet qualifications at any embassy you go to, you don’t get visa. You don’t want to be caught gaming the system. Yes people get away with it for long time, but I personally don’t want to deal with the hassles when luck runs out. And standing your ground to a principal is not a successful strategy in Thailand, and Baht doesn’t mean much when Face is involved. You’ll notice, I said do whatever you want. Central thesis was that yes at the KL Embassy they mean it.

Well depends doesn’t it., If you are wanting to  « game the system » as you say , and stay a long time then you should get the necessary visa, which isn’t a 60 day Tourist visa.  If on the other hand you want to stay a few months ( as thousands of snowbirds do ) there is no problem getting a border hop or two with Thai authorities .As long as your history is good and you look ok that is. It’s not illegal !!

1 minute ago, geisha said:

Well depends doesn’t it., If you are wanting to  « game the system » as you say , and stay a long time then you should get the necessary visa, which isn’t a 60 day Tourist visa.  If on the other hand you want to stay a few months ( as thousands of snowbirds do ) there is no problem getting a border hop or two with Thai authorities .As long as your history is good and you look ok that is. It’s not illegal !!

I will also say that some embassies are more difficult than others.  KL is more difficult. 

• Thanks 1