Expiring Non O retirement - can I get a short term extension in country

1 hour ago, chrisdunn said:

So on the last day of my visa I can go to immigration and ask for this 7 day extension. OK Thanks.

No you apply for your Non O extension as normal your application will have requirements missing such as insufficient money in account you pay your normal 1900 baht fee, your application will be rejected and you will be given 7 days to leave the country

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

No you apply for your Non O extension as normal your application will have requirements missing such as insufficient money in account you pay your normal 1900 baht fee, your application will be rejected and you will be given 7 days to leave the country

That is not needed.

Just completed a TM7 form and leave the reason blank and they know what you want.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not needed.

Just completed a TM7 form and leave the reason blank and they know what you want.

Will that work in all immigrations?

On Samui, for example, you won't even get a queue-number to se an immigration officer if all papers are not there.

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Will that work in all immigrations?

It should work.

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

On Samui, for example, you won't even get a queue-number to se an immigration officer if all papers are not there.

Samui is not the same as most immigration offices.

I only wrote about the TM7 form not the passport copies that would be needed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Conrad65 said:

Any users familiar with Samui procedures and able to advise please let me know. Thanks.

Yes, and there is a a detailed updated pinned thread in the Samui-forum (the link takes you to the last post, so scroll back for earlier comments)...

The is the latest official requirement list...

2021_Retirement-extension.thumb.jpg.bf57

On 7/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, ubonjoe said:

Samui is not the same as most immigration offices.

I only wrote about the TM7 form not the passport copies that would be needed.

You might not get a queue-number on Samui, if your application is not filled in correct, there are examples of that; i.e. not pass the officer that is checking application and paperwork and giving out queue-numbers.

There is a least one case of being rejected and told to just pay the overstay when leaving Thailand.