Why isn't every male in the UK living in thailand?

Grecian

58 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You have to understand that some of those people who invested their earnings in wine, women and holidays in Pattaya, also live in rural Isaan with their partners - usually acquired in the bars of Pattaya 

Their meagre pittance of a pension is sufficient to cover their daily intake of Chang and Khao pad and kwitiow. They live rent free in their partner's humble abode and they happy - happy in the knowledge that life for them in Thailand is far superior to what they would have had in their home countries.

I came here at age 52 with nothing and I managed to keep most of it! ????.....I lived that life in Isaan for a while and really enjoyed the Pad Krappow and Kwitiows.

In fairness I knew that a couple of decisions I made should ensure that I had more than enough income and capital to have a very comfortable life. They did eventually kick in and gave me even more options to ensure that I maximised my happiness in Thailand.

Where u live now?

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

60% of Americans couldn't pay a $500 bill ......

https://www.cbs19news.com/story/34248451/6-in-10-americans-dont-have-500-in-savings

So assuming America is the richest country in the world, that means all other nationalities are worse off. So many AN posters are completely out of touch with the financial reality of the average western citizen.

Very true. Right now in America around 70% of the population are really struggling to make ends meet. The top 10% are doing great. The next 10% are doing quite well. Then the 70th to 80th percentile are living well, but barely saving anything. The last 70%? And that is the US. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

I  guess a bj was out of the question then?

A little smooching and hugging, was as far as they got. I had a rule when I was dating back in the US. No action by the 3rd date, and see ya! 

She had some excuse like a recent breakup and she needed to go slow. But, the dinners were great, and so was the fine wine! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Plenty better places than Thailand 2022 - it is not the be all and end all.

And no I'm not going to list alternatives, but it's edge is going fast.

It's a big world with far easier and friendlier immigration hoops to hop through.

I'd not be here, were it not for my g/f of 10 years.

I'd be off elsewhere tomorrow.

I doubt there is anywhere in the world with availability of good looking ( as opposed to ugly ) women to ordinary western blokes ( rich guys can get DDG girls anywhere in the world ) in as safe a country as Thailand. I'm told Colombian women are gorgeous, but who would want to live in a country as dangerous as that?

So, as always, it comes down to women, and their availability.

Those that aren't interested ( yeah, we all believe you ) can go elsewhere and that's a benefit for those that do, as less competition.

BTW, immigration is only difficult for those that DIY. Agents make all those problems go away.

"I'd not be here, were it not for my g/f of 10 years."

That wouldn't be an excuse for not leaving, would it?

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I agree, today's western women are unnaturally large and manly.

When I look back at all those movies made in the 40s/50s/60s, I see the white women were all as small as today's Asian women, all my girlfriends back in the 60s UK were also small size, generally 40-50Kg. Not from any selection bias on my part, that was the size of most women in their 20s.

Something has gone seriously wrong with the west in the past 50 years. 

I can pick up a woman that weighs 50Kg, just about, 45Kg is easier.

If I can't pick a woman up, I don't want her.

I recently watched "The Pyjama Game" with Doris Day, which was made in the 50s. Set in a clothing factory I noticed that almost all the many extras were slim, and I assume that was normal for women back then. There was one fat woman in the cast, and she was noticeable for being an exception to all the normal sized women.

Theses days I doubt they'd find as many slim women to be extras.

So, in 60 years we have gone from normally slim to normally large size. Be interesting to have a scientific study as to why, given fat people are more likely to get diabetes, and cardiac problems, not forgetting wearing out leg joints. Perhaps such a study would be unacceptable for PC reasons, given it's almost a crime to refer to anyone as fat now.

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I have become enamored of the Thai concept of sanuk....people going out of their way to seek fun. Seems a nice way to approach life. When I go back home nowadays, I see too many people who go out of their way to seek unhappiness and bitterness. That seems a bad way to approach life.

Living in a western country now ( I assume most western countries are the same in general, given we are becoming almost the same culture now, IMO ) I don't know anyone that is happy. The only people I hear laughing are the workers from overseas that come from poor countries ( we have to import people to work as many locals are too lazy to do menial work anymore ) and they haven't yet been contaminated by western culture.

Most go around looking unhappy, and all they seem to do is eat too much bad food and spend as much money as possible on stuff.

I live in a small town, and most of the shops are takeaways, and shops selling inferior goods cheaply. Many of the banks are gone, the cinema closed for lack of interest, the Saturday night dances stopped many years ago, there are no community theatre groups or such like any more. Even the building supply store closed, so have to go many miles to city to buy a bit of wood.

Seems to me that the things that used to make a town into a community are vanishing, and leaving unhappy, unhealthy people with little to make their lives meaningful.

IMO it's not going to end well.

I envy those that do live in Thailand. There's probably more sanuk in one street there than in an entire town here, and I miss it more than I can say.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, BritManToo said:

Most of the men I knew in the UK just learned to live without sex.

And these were mostly married men.

I was lucky and discovered Thailand in my 50s, not only could I pay for sex with attractive women, but they actually pretended they liked me and enjoyed the sex. Compared to the Brit women who could hardly bring themselves to endure sex with me even though they professed to love me. 

I think "love" does not mean what it's supposed to anymore. IMO it's used by women to fool men into thinking that they care about them, till they have got as much out of the poor sucker as they are going to get.

Happened to me twice and worked both times. Never again though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Very true. Right now in America around 70% of the population are really struggling to make ends meet. The top 10% are doing great. The next 10% are doing quite well. Then the 70th to 80th percentile are living well, but barely saving anything. The last 70%? And that is the US. 

When you quote percentages as facts, please have a verifiable source

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Living in a western country now ( I assume most western countries are the same in general, given we are becoming almost the same culture now, IMO ) I don't know anyone that is happy. The only people I hear laughing are the workers from overseas that come from poor countries ( we have to import people to work as many locals are too lazy to do menial work anymore ) and they haven't yet been contaminated by western culture.

Most go around looking unhappy, and all they seem to do is eat too much bad food and spend as much money as possible on stuff.

I live in a small town, and most of the shops are takeaways, and shops selling inferior goods cheaply. Many of the banks are gone, the cinema closed for lack of interest, the Saturday night dances stopped many years ago, there are no community theatre groups or such like any more. Even the building supply store closed, so have to go many miles to city to buy a bit of wood.

Seems to me that the things that used to make a town into a community are vanishing, and leaving unhappy, unhealthy people with little to make their lives meaningful.

I envy those that do live in Thailand. There's probably more sanuk in one street there than in an entire town here, and I miss it more than I can say.

Deliverance comes to mind?

Do you like in Alabama?

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I recently watched "The Pyjama Game" with Doris Day, which was made in the 50s. Set in a clothing factory I noticed that almost all the many extras were slim, and I assume that was normal for women back then. There was one fat woman in the cast, and she was noticeable for being an exception to all the normal sized women.

Theses days I doubt they'd find as many slim women to be extras.

So, in 60 years we have gone from normally slim to normally large size. Be interesting to have a scientific study as to why, given fat people are more likely to get diabetes, and cardiac problems, not forgetting wearing out leg joints. Perhaps such a study would be unacceptable for PC reasons, given it's almost a crime to refer to anyone as fat now.

Revisit the Top 10 Supermodels in the world and tell us how many are fat?

A little smooching and hugging, was as far as they got. I had a rule when I was dating back in the US. No action by the 3rd date, and see ya! 

She had some excuse like a recent breakup and she needed to go slow. But, the dinners were great, and so was the fine wine! 

No action by third date?

What were you hanging on to?

You must be a lot younger than I. When I was "dating" nice girls didn't till they had a ring, and "bad" girls ended up pregnant and having to get married. Having an illegitimate child was a great shame, not a ticket to welfare payments.

I had a girlfriend of many months and didn't get past kissing, which I assumed was normal.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Contraceptive pill.

Noticed how ladyboys in Thailand are bigger than normal Thais, it's because they take female contraceptive pills.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly the same in the UK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I know a few that were self-employed and were convinced they would get the maximum state pension right up to the moment they were told what they were going to get.

I get 2.50 a week less than the max UK state pension.

Had to pay 3kGBP to take it to the top.

Surprised as I only really worked full-time for 20 years.

9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Good to have the options.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the company of women.

There's something wrong with not enjoying the company of women ( or men, if that's preferred )

It's statistically quite obvious  denying sex with women leads to a percentage of pedophilia among priests. I forget who it was said the only thing prison cures is heterosexuality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Contraceptive pill.

Noticed how ladyboys in Thailand are bigger than normal Thais, it's because they take female contraceptive pills.

I have to disagree. Men don't normally take the pill and men have also got larger and fatter.

Ladyboys are taller than Thai women, but they are generally still slim. I've been discussing fat people.

18 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

I am sure you are aware there are ton of self proclaimed millionaires on TV.

Overweight western women but no mentioned of all the fit, model like women? Because you can't get anything but the overweight ones, that is why they stand out in your comment.

Pretty sure if you have millions, you wouldn't be trying to run a business in Thailand unless your name is Minor

Did you happen to skip over the part about 'challenges'?

I prefer not being idle, and there is always a challenge waiting to be undertaken. One never knows one's potential if challenges are avoided.

Is there something wrong with running a business in Thailand? Should you tell Suzuki and Nissan and Ford and San Miguel Beer they should wrap it up and get out? Granted a foreigner running a business in Thailand, navigating the bureaucracy, motivating employees, dealing with accountants and banks, etc., isn't always easy, but it can be done, profits can be made, and most importantly (for me) the challenge is met. There is also satisfaction that comes from gainfully employing people and meeting payroll. Perhaps you lack the skill set and discipline to do it.

Yes, on the internet we're all Wall Street millionaires and former CIA case officers. (LOL...private joke)

Anyway, is claiming to be a millionaire more egregious than suggesting, even facetiously,  one is a King, even if just one of many (since your name is plural)? It reeks of delusions of grandeur. Pardon me for being skeptical, but I am much closer to BILLIONAIRE than you are a king.

I'll close by quoting Oscar Wilde:

"People may boo me, but when I go home and count my money, I applaud myself"

Edited by Walker88

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to disagree. Men don't normally take the pill and men have also got larger and fatter.

Ladyboys are taller than Thai women, but they are generally still slim. I've been discussing fat people.

I've been discussing big manly horse faced women. Fat is an eating disorder, big tall women is a hormone disorder. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I'll close by quoting Oscar Wilde:

"People may boo me, but when I go home and count my money, I applaud myself"

Well this site lists 5969 quotes from Oscar Wilde but the above isn't one of them.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3565.Oscar_Wilde

Maybe try this?

https://quotefancy.com/quote/830656/Horace-People-hiss-at-me-but-I-applaud-myself-in-my-own-house-and-at-the-same-time

“People hiss at me, but I applaud myself in my own house, and at the same time contemplate the money in my chest.”

19 hours ago, STALINGRAD said:

To the spider named mike.Why are you using my neighbors face as an avatar. Plagiarism is one thing but using another man’s face as your own seems to exhibit a personal defect…

Wow it never occurred to me that was just a stock photo as -- the way he describes having the Thai female fauna wrapped around his finger -- a face like that made sense.

Edited by jerrymahoney