Why isn't every male in the UK living in thailand?

Grecian

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, I agree, today's western women are unnaturally large and manly.

When I look back at all those movies made in the 40s/50s/60s, I see the white women were all as small as today's Asian women, all my girlfriends back in the 60s UK were also small size, generally 40-50Kg. Not from any selection bias on my part, that was the size of most women in their 20s.

Something has gone seriously wrong with the west in the past 50 years. 

I can pick up a woman that weighs 50Kg, just about, 45Kg is easier.

If I can't pick a woman up, I don't want her.

No the avg was 55 to 58kg before. 45kgs is tiny. Under 50kgs unnatural really for adults. Jockeys are tiny and weigh 50 to 55kgs on diets.

13 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

38KM from even the nearest 7/11

No stores, no restaurants, no nothing

Only farmland

Shows from your comment, once again, you have limited knowledge outside of the city

Oh well, what do I know, 76 km to closest city, first 7/11 opened this year! 

As said you just trow out accusations around you and hope someone takes the bite. 

How come you find it ok to be so rude ? Why do you believe that is acceptable and I do not understand why the mods accept it. 

Screenshot_20220731-140231.jpg

Edited by Hummin

6 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You must really like me to reply to every post

I will help you to break that bad habit

Every post you do, would be a full day work. 

You make claims you obviously have no clue about, and on top of that, you manage to accuse those who have knowledge for having no clue. It takes a psychopath or plain stupidity to do that. 

In one thread you claiming living on 40 is not living, in another tread you claim you and your wife and family live for 15 k or so a month.

You claim you know about quality clothing, but have no clue at all, and also expert on marriage and how to live, as well telling everyone they are not living at all  

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Oh well, what do I know, 76 km to closest city, first 7/11 opened this year! 

As said you just trow out accusations around you and hope someone takes the bite. 

How come you find it ok to be so rude ? Why do you believe that is acceptable and I do not understand why the mods accept it. 

Screenshot_20220731-140231.jpg

some people are "protected"

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think it has anything to do with being aware in most cases.  You'll understand if you drop your bias and reread my comment.

Of course it does.

Look at the cost of life from your age 20 to 30, 30 to 40 and 40 to 50?

By age 50 or even earlier, a person should have been asking themselves, how much am I going to need to retire?

Then do something about it.

By the time they get to age 60, they should have a much clearer idea how much they need for retirement.

So, for those folks that didn't have enough and still retired early to Thailand because they thought they had it all figured out? They simply did not.

Why in the world would you retire early in that case and bind yourself up financially for the rest of your golden years?

Was the lure of young women to great to wait a few more years to shore up their finances?

These folks are all victims of their OWN decisions

Some folks are smart enough to place their financial security in their golden years, aboving moving to Thailand and chasing 20 year olds around.

Yet time and and time again, we read many comments that some folks are just not that smart?

Retirement has a heavy cost, no matter where you live. If you never planned for it, guess what?

It is just not the cost of living, daily expenses, etc.

Sooner or later we will all hit that age when there is a major medical emergency.

No one lives forever

• Haha 1

I would say that Thailand isn't for everyone.  It has a lot of flaws that some people are willing to overlook in exchange for the company of women, warm weather, and cheaper cost of living, but it is by no means perfect, it is far from it in many ways.  If you have money to live comfortably in a Western country I think the quality of life is actually better overall, but that is going to depend on your priorities and what's most important to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Was the lure of young women to great to wait a few more years to shore up their finances?

For many it was the women, alcohol, and party life that was too much to resist.  I see grown men in Pattaya acting like they're in their 20's again getting smashed every night, nothing wrong with that of course it's their life, just some people never grow out of it and wonder why they're skint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Look at the cost of life from your age 20 to 30, 30 to 40 and 40 to 50?

By age 50 or even earlier, a person should have been asking themselves, how much am I going to need to retire?

Then do something about it.

By the time they get to age 60, they should have a much clearer idea how much they need for retirement.

So, for those folks that didn't have enough and still retired early to Thailand because they thought they had it all figured out? They simply did not.

I think we might have got our wires crossed at some point.  I believe you were asking how someone could make it to retirement and only have the state pension, not early retirement or moving to Thailand specifically.

12 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Wow! Looks like the wannabe King of Issan stirred some angry powder into his cornflakes or whatever.

His opinion must be correct and must be obeyed.

If he is the "King", pity his subjects.

Sheeeessshhh????????.

feel sorry for his neighbours though

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think we might have got our wires crossed at some point.  I believe you were asking how someone could make it to retirement and only have the state pension, not early retirement or moving to Thailand specifically.

Agreed.

The question was how they made it to retirement with nothing but a state pension.

The other issues are possible reasons why.

In my career field, when I retired, some people had already accumulated over US $1,000,000+ in 401K and IRA's, add in company pensions and max social security because they planned for it. They are doing just fine in retirement.

I never liked having 401k deductions taken out of my check, however they were company matched and I knew exactly the ramifications if I did not save. 

Years and years went by with friends driving expensive cars, boats, etc.

All my extra money went straight into the 401k.

I knew right from the get go that the company pension and social security was not going to get me through retirement.

I spent the last 20 years paying into the 401k and IRA's to make sure I would not have any financials worries in retirement

Some folks spent all that money enjoying life with fancy toys, getting drunk, blowing it all. 

No knock on them for enjoying life.

That just wasn't an option for me. 

Getting to retirement financially stable was much more important to me than an expensive car, boat or anything else

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 7:43 AM, chalawaan said:

We don't pay them for sex. We pay them to leave after it. 

Ohh....

Do you realize no one is buying this nonsense? This isn't 1960's James Bond movie and there is internet.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not at all : *Average weigh of pre teen girls * 

Why would that be inappropriate ?

any internet search including words like pre teen  would be concerning to the authorities and quite rightfully so

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would think that the authorities would be more interested in people who are attracted to said girls 

That would be the first assumption they made, I'm not saying they would be right, just saying how things are these days

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

No I didn't miss the point

Everyone knew that well known fact their entire working lives and if that is ALL a person planned on saving, that is their own fault

Most folks have a good 45 year working life to figure out how much retirement will cost (I guess from this post though, many did not figure it out)?

Many did not have / still do not have the money to be able to invest in alternative pension schemes and were/are reliant on the State Pension for their future income.

I know a few that were self-employed and were convinced they would get the maximum state pension right up to the moment they were told what they were going to get.

A friend who was employed for a time on the RFA's (Royal Fleet Auxiliary fleet) found that being employed by a Government Agency and paid in the UK, did not entitle him to a full pension as it was decreed that his time at sea did not count towards his "service period" to calculate his pension. 

Agreed.

The question was how they made it to retirement with nothing but a state pension.

In my career field, when I retired, some people had already accumulated over US $1,000,000+ in 401K and IRA's, add in company pensions and max social security because they planned for it. They are doing just fine in retirement.

I never liked having 401k deductions taken out of my check, however they were company matched and I knew exactly the ramifications if I did not save. 

I knew right from the get go that the company pension and social security was not going to get me through retirement.

I spent the last 20 years paying into the 401k and IRA's to make sure I would not have any financials worries in retirement

Some folks spent all that money enjoying life with fancy toys, getting drunk, blowing it all. 

Getting to retirement financially stable was much more important to me than an expensive car, boat or anything else

Or hookers. Long boring life not for everyone. Cant take money into heaven

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

For many it was the women, alcohol, and party life that was too much to resist.  I see grown men in Pattaya acting like they're in their 20's again getting smashed every night, nothing wrong with that of course it's their life, just some people never grow out of it and wonder why they're skint.

People need to enjoy life

Agreed.

You have to understand that some of those people who invested their earnings in wine, women and holidays in Pattaya, also live in rural Isaan with their partners - usually acquired in the bars of Pattaya 

Their meagre pittance of a pension is sufficient to cover their daily intake of Chang and Khao pad and kwitiow. They live rent free in their partner's humble abode and they happy - happy in the knowledge that life for them in Thailand is far superior to what they would have had in their home countries.

I came here at age 52 with nothing and I managed to keep most of it! ????.....I lived that life in Isaan for a while and really enjoyed the Pad Krappow and Kwitiows.

In fairness I knew that a couple of decisions I made should ensure that I had more than enough income and capital to have a very comfortable life. They did eventually kick in and gave me even more options to ensure that I maximised my happiness in Thailand.