Thai Berry pickers to Finland increase again

webfact

image.jpeg

Blueberry. Blueberry background photo created by dashu83 – www.freepik.com

by Gregers Møller

Record number of Thai berry pickers are once again expected in Finland this summer, reports YLE.fi

Two years ago, a new law was passed protecting the berry pickers and this seems to work in providing confidence for the Thais to apply for the jobs. This year, Thai authorities have allowed more than 4,000 berry pickers to work in Finland, which is 500 more than in previous years, the report says.

On the Finnish side, the North Ostrobothnia TE employment office coordinates the arrival of the berry pickers. Among the large berry firms, Polarica Berries and Fruits will bring 1100 berry pickers to Finland, and Marja Bothnia Berries will welcome 900 migrant workers.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/thai-berry-pickers-to-finland-increase-again/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-07-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

7 hours ago, rabang said:

Should be a good berry year. I just picked easily a litre of blueberries in a nearby forest in less than 30 minutes myself and I am no pro.

Takes me an hour to pick a berry properly... I'm a real pro. ????

It take about 1 houer to get 10 litre if good spot. Whit pick machine but cleaning take other houer.

It's really good berry year coz not have minus degrees when berry's was in flowering stage.