Anyone notice an increase in the regulations regarding alcohol selling times?

grain

I live in a tiny tucked away village out in the ricefields of rural Korat, we don't even have a 7-11, there are just 2 little M&P shops that sell beer/alcohol along with other things. This morning as I walked past one I saw there's now an official notice in Thai outside the shop, stating that alcohol can only be sold between blah blah hours. And there's a 40,000 Bt fine (I couldn't make out if the fine is for the seller or the buyer) Of course we've all seen these sort of signs before at the 7-11s and Lotus's and the big supermarkets. But this is the first I've seen of the law targeting little M&P shops. So have any other guys around the boonies seen anything like this? If so it looks like they're stepping up the law. 

1 hour ago, grain said:

there's now an official notice in Thai outside the shop, stating that alcohol can only be sold between blah blah hours.

They probably put it up themselves so they can have a siesta between 2-5PM!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grain said:

Of course we've all seen these sort of signs before at the 7-11s and Lotus's and the big supermarkets. But this is the first I've seen of the law targeting little M&P shops. So have any other guys around the boonies seen anything like this? If so it looks like they're stepping up the law. 

The probability is that the only law they are stepping up to is the one that compels them to display that notice!

• Like 1

On Buddhism holidays m & p shops and restaurants are told not to sell 30,000 baht fine if caught,  restaurants in the village abid by it because of police in the village but outside further out the village I can buy and take a no see through bag.

Don't know if there's a fine for the buyer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

On Buddhism holidays m & p shops and restaurants are told not to sell 30,000 baht fine if caught,  restaurants in the village abid by it because of police in the village but outside further out the village I can buy and take a no see through bag.

Don't know if there's a fine for the buyer.

I guess that's it. It actually doesn't effect me at all as I never buy any beer from these shops anyway, I drink Heiny and they never stock it, so I buy cartons from Lotus's in the next town. But I was just curious if the law was getting stricter.