Terminating 12-month room contract

Generally you would lose your deposit and thats about it. I suppose legally speaking you are on the hook for the rental monies for the remainder of the year, but i expect most Landlords could not be bother to pursue you for it if you refused.

• Thanks 1

I was told once by a brooker that it is commonplace here (not necessarily lawful) that a tenant is walking out anytime and looses his deposit and thats it. He further said that that many times the tenant does not even pay outstanding utility bills, let alone outstanding rental fees as stipulated by the contract.

If you have rented via a broker maybe you ask him. Besides I feel it is always a good thing to part with consensus. So you might get approval from the Landlord if you talk to him. If the above is true then he would maybe not be happy but at least not furious. I believe (but do not know exactly) that this would not be a case for the court. Like the other way round: You leave and do not get your deposit back. This obviously happens as well at times.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thanks 1