Physical Theraopy / Rehabilitation in Bangkok

phills2k1

Unfortunately I just tore my Achilles overseas, and with surgery / initial recovery I need to delay my imminent return until I can put pressure on my foot (hopefully the end of September)

Any recommendations for where to continue with my rehab/checkins back in Bangkok? Preferably along Sukhumvit if possible

Thanks

I was satisfied with Bumrungrad  (about 2000/session) and even more with St Louis Hospital (950/session)

I also tried BNH, Sukhumvit Hospital and Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital but didn't go there anymore as the two hospitals mentioned above helped me a lot more.

19 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I was satisfied with Bumrungrad  (about 2000/session) and even more with St Louis Hospital (950/session)

I also tried BNH, Sukhumvit Hospital and Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital but didn't go there anymore as the two hospitals mentioned above helped me a lot more.

Interesting. I didn't know hospitals did physio.

Does it include massage and manipulations?

Can you just walk in a be like, "I have been sitting at the computer too long. Sore neck. Sore back. I need a physiotherapist"?

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Interesting. I didn't know hospitals did physio.

That's the usual way here

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Does it include massage and manipulations?

Yes

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Can you just walk in a be like, "I have been sitting at the computer too long. Sore neck. Sore back. I need a physiotherapist"?

No.

You need to see their doctor first,  he will prescribe physical therapy. 

You then have make an appointment with the therapist. Maybe a week in advance. 

1 hour ago, phills2k1 said:

Thank you. I usually go to bumrungrad for things but wasn't sure if there was a specific rehab center outside of a hospital

Are you aware of any doctors in particular that focus on lower body surgery recovery?

There are doctors who specialize specifically in rehabilitative medecine. They don't specialize by body part. You will find them listed on the Bumrungrad and Samitivej  websites.  You might be able to appoint directly with them if you bring your records and letter of referral from your home country ortho.