No more email notifications since 10 days and counting

moogradod

I do not receive any more notifications per email since nearly 4 days (last ones received on July 29) and would be happy if someone could look into the matter.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and support.

Best regards

Moogradod

3 hours ago, metisdead said:

Apparently the sending issue has been resolved.  The first newsletter should go out before lunch today.

Yes, I received the newsletter. but the NOTIFICATIONS still DO NOT arrive via email. They show up in the account but do not get transmitted to my email adress.

10 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Yes, I received the newsletter. but the NOTIFICATIONS still DO NOT arrive via email.

They may not of finished the email notifications yet. I have not gotten emails for some messages I was sent today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They may not of finished the email notifications yet. I have not gotten emails for some messages I was sent today.

Thank you, ubonjoe. Hope they finish soon. My case was only about the notifications. I did not notice that any newletter was missing, but at least I got one today - so this works.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I still do not get email notifications. Since 6 days now. This cannot be such a difficult thing to fix since the notifications show up in my account (under the bell icon) when I login. Therefore only the broadcast mechanism is faulty. The notifications do not get transmitted to my email adress.

Since other members do not seem to complain (because the newsletter works, as well for me) it might be an isolated issue specifically for my account. I would be happy if someone could have a deeper look at it.

Thank you very much for your support

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Since other members do not seem to complain (because the newsletter works, as well for me) it might be an isolated issue specifically for my account.

As I wrote before I am not getting them.

Management has been informed of the problem.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote before I am not getting them.

Management has been informed of the problem.

Thank you. Good. I posted again since this is some time ago that you said you are not getting them. I am an ex-IT professional, I know that something can go wrong with IT. It is the time it takes to correct it that your Management should be aware of.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:32 PM, blackcab said:

@smedly Sorry for your inconvenience. I understand very well that the notifications are useful, however the issue needs to be fixed by the technical team.

Today we have an anniversary. It is 10 days now that there are no notifications by email. The title of the thread may be changed to "No more email notifications since 10 days and counting".

That it takes so long to fix this issue raises some questions - for the forum server does work and notifications are actually generated but only not transmitted. Where was that server hosted again and who maintains it ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

You should consider using 'mailgun' to send your emails if you're having issues sending them and with deliverability from amazonses.com

I do not want to send emails, I want to receive notifications by email for content that I follow as it used to be. There is obviously some problem sending them out, but the Technical Support of aseannow is working on it and hopefully will solve the issue soon since it lasts already 10 days now (08.08.2022)

On 8/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, moogradod said:

I do not want to send emails, I want to receive notifications by email for content that I follow as it used to be. There is obviously some problem sending them out, but the Technical Support of aseannow is working on it and hopefully will solve the issue soon since it lasts already 10 days now (08.08.2022)

Yes, I'm aware, the comment was aimed at those who operate this forum.

Mailgun is an at scale commercial solution for sending massive amounts of email on a regular basis and having them delivered without getting 'cut off' for seemingly random reasons which is what I'm assuming has happened here.

Edited by blackcab
Edited 'Mailgun'