Thailand’s dangerous road status confirmed – again!

webfact

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Oh I got one of those.... but impractical for some journeys.

Your life is in the hands of the world's 2nd most deadliest drivers during those journeys where only (?) a motorbike is practical. Good luck.

29 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Your life is in the hands of the world's 2nd most deadliest drivers during those journeys where only (?) a motorbike is practical. Good luck.

It is a dangerous game to play but I have used a M/C here for many many years.... although I have been cutting back a lot recently, more to do with my age. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Thats because no matter how badly that 4-wheeled vehicle gets damaged the Thai's will repair and put it back on the road..... in the USA the 4-wheeled vehicle death rate is higher because they will scrap the vehicle rather than repair.

- Sorry I'm talking about the death rate of people , not vehicles.

or are you suggesting that people are less likely to die in a repaired vehicle??

3 hours ago, Thunglom said:

- Sorry I'm talking about the death rate of people , not vehicles.

or are you suggesting that people are less likely to die in a repaired vehicle??

You specifically called out 4-wheeled vehicles, hence my reply.

32 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

These sensational headlines are based on an anomaly and don't represent  the truth. Driving in Thailand  is serene  compare to Saudi and driving  in London or Paris or Rome is far more agressive.

How can you compare Thailand as serene when you match it to London, Paris or Rome. If your going to do that then at least attempt some relativity with Bangkok against those cities. How does it stack up now?

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

they do though.

Many get crushed.

Ah - sorry to tell you they are machines and not actually alive. I supposed now confronted with the reality, you are crushed?

Edited by Thunglom

On 8/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, Ralf001 said:

There is highway patrol, I see them daily with vehicles pulled over on my commute to and from work up and down the 7 motorway.

What you should have posted is there is not enough highway patrol.

I think it's more a case of what there is isn't doing anything constructive.

Hey RTP, How are your useless road checks working out for you? How many moving violation citations have been written by the "Highway Patrol"? No need to answer. We don't want to disturb you from whatever you are watching on your phone. Carry on. 

• Like 1