Thai Airways.

BarraMarra

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Was that recently?

Terrible for the airlines bottom line.

Great for a passenger on a long haul flight. 

That was back in October last year when I was one of the few brave (or stupid?) enough to jump through the full-on Phuket Sandbox hoops. Stayed five months and the return flight was much busier but still managed to get the entire window row for a lie down.

I'm not expecting the same comfort on my next trip this October.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1

My experience flying back from LHR to BKK was very good.

LHR was the nightmare upon arrival, long queues! My wife with a Thai passport got through long before me.

I am vegetarian and requested such food which I received and it was very good. I got as much drinks as I wanted. I always find their staff more polite and helpful than Western Airlines.

The flights was also cheaper than others at the time, this was in June.

I was just experimenting with the TG website, trying to book tickets from different locations (Seattle and LHR), and clicking on (1) Premium Economy, then (2) Business Class.  In both cases, I went on with the booking, but when it came to showing me the full details of price etc, both cases showed I was in Economy.  Anyone come across this idiosyncrasy?  I mean, don't they want the extra money from those two classes!!

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

45k Bangkok  to LHR return direct in September

My LHR-BKK-HKT return for this October was GBP624, about THB28k - I'm happy with that!

Booked last March direct on Thai website as I will never again use an agent.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better!
  • Like 1

Just booked 4 x Thai Airways Economy roundtrip tickets LHR-BKK-LHR for my family (mother, sister and 2 nieces) during UK half term holidays for 21st and 31st October 2022. £3,748 total. Best option available from what I could see. Fastest travel times with no stops. Probably 40% more than pre-pandemic but this is now. Don't want to pay? then stay at home and be miserable! Life goes on.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:07 PM, soi3eddie said:

Don't want to pay? then stay at home and be miserable! Life goes on.

I'm going home to the UK for Xmas but then plan to fly back mid-January for another three months - I'm expecting to pay GBP900+, so 50% more than my October flight. But..... I can leave the central heating on a low setting and will save me a fair chunk ????

13 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I'm going home to the UK for Xmas but then plan to fly back mid-January for another three months - I'm expecting to pay GBP900+, so 50% more than my October flight. But..... I can leave the central heating on a low setting and will save me a fair chunk ????

At end of June I booked EVA Premium BKK/LHR/BKK for 12/12 and 16/01/2023 and reckon I got a fair deal at 53,200 Baht (£1,278GBP). Looked at Thai but their economy prices were only a little less (with no flexibility or mileage).  

Not sure why you would leave heating on in an unoccupied property - turn all off (including water to avoid burst pipes) and save a fortune - UK energy prices are going up massively again in October and then up again in January.

• Like 1

I have top tier status on Thai, Qatar and Emirates, so I can sit in the First Class Lounge in Doha or Dubai and not enjoy a few hours in transit when I want to rest or sleep, so Thai Airways direct to and from London is my choice even if it costs 20% more (Eva Air also OK). Service on Thai is better including in terms of knowing when to serve you or ask, compared to Qatar Airways for example whose staff disturb passengers when the do not disturb sign is on the Q Suite. I don't care about the food and drink. After several thousand flights and about 2,000 on Thai Airways privacy, direct flights, comfortable bed/seat, arrival time, etc are important to me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

At end of June I booked EVA Premium BKK/LHR/BKK for 12/12 and 16/01/2023 and reckon I got a fair deal at 53,200 Baht (£1,278GBP). Looked at Thai but their economy prices were only a little less (with no flexibility or mileage).  

Not sure why you would leave heating on in an unoccupied property - turn all off (including water to avoid burst pipes) and save a fortune - UK energy prices are going up massively again in October and then up again in January.

Ouch! I haven't checked prices lately but it looks like I'll have to cash in even more of my savings. Oh well, whatever it takes to escape the grey.

We have a very damp climate, particularly on the Southwest coast where I live. I do not want to come home to damp and mould. On the plus side, zero chance of frozen pipes down here.

Edited by London Lowf