how come bitcoin isn't doing better?

BananaBandit

the error in the thought process is considering bitcoin as an asset.

the idea bitcoin is built on is in its core frivolous: people with computers "mine" money. it makes no sense at all.

the crypto technology though, the blockchain, does make sense and opens the path to real crypto currencies. but these will be privately issued and backed with commodities and real wealth assets such as real estate, in the same manner as a fund.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Stocks are up 10%

lol even the nasdaq is up near 20%, plenty of stocks are up 50-100%, Tesla, apple, amazon, growth stocks are up near 100% Roblox, Affirm, Coinbase, etc. I am up near 50%, but sold too soon, would have been up 100% at least. 

Edited by dj230

10 minutes ago, dj230 said:

lol even the nasdaq is up near 20%, plenty of stocks are up 50-100%, Tesla, apple, amazon, growth stocks are up near 100% Roblox, Affirm, Coinbase, etc. I am up near 50%, but sold too soon, would have been up 100% at least. 

Depends on what date you compare it to . 

Tesla would be up 1000 % if you compared the price to 2020 , or down 50

% if you compared the price to six months ago 

8 hours ago, dj230 said:

Tesla is down for year

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Depends on what date you compare it to . 

Tesla would be up 1000 % if you compared the price to 2020 , or down 50

% if you compared the price to six months ago 

How could it be down 50% when it's near all time highs?

If you know how to invest you made money, its a zero sum game

Edited by dj230

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It did previously get down 50 % , but it went up again 

it went up 50%, many stocks did even mega caps which rarely have huge moves like that. 

Some stocks up over 100% not common movements. Those who missed on investing at those prices will never get that chance again. Easily 1000% returns in some stocks for the years to come. 

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

it went up 50%, many stocks did even mega caps which rarely have huge moves like that. 

Some stocks up over 100% not common movements. Those who missed on investing at those prices will never get that chance again. Easily 1000% returns in some stocks for the years to come. 

People do actually have another chance to get similar gains . 

All they have to do is to buy stocks today that are going to increase by 50 % .

Its easy to look back and point out which sticks have gained, the difficult bit is buying stocks that will gain in the future

On 8/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, dj230 said:

How could it be down 50% when it's near all time highs?

If you know how to invest you made money, its a zero sum game

Stick to topics you know what you are talking about... the more you have posted on this topic the clearer it is that you have no idea what you are talking about let alone you investing.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:41 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

People do actually have another chance to get similar gains . 

All they have to do is to buy stocks today that are going to increase by 50 % .

Its easy to look back and point out which sticks have gained, the difficult bit is buying stocks that will gain in the future

Not really when you're buying great companies at undervalued prices, typically s&p500/nasdaq returns 100% in 5-7 years. 

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Stick to topics you know what you are talking about... the more you have posted on this topic the clearer it is that you have no idea what you are talking about let alone you investing.

900/1200 = 50%? 

I said to buy stocks a month ago or so while most were saying sell, now that people are getting enticed into the market again I am selling my positions for 50-100% gains and should be all cash by this week and I'll sell out of the money puts until Sept fomc ???? 

Edited by dj230