how come bitcoin isn't doing better?

BananaBandit

41 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Not really when you're buying great companies at undervalued prices, typically s&p500/nasdaq returns 100% in 5-7 years. 

Then again, had you invested in the S&P in the year 2000 , you would have lost about 10 % of your investment by 2005

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then again, had you invested in the S&P in the year 2000 , you would have lost about 10 % of your investment by 2005

Sure, if you buy tops and do valuations, kind of like if you bought amazon in 2000 you'd be down 95% too before making 45000% 

• 2 weeks later...

The foremost reason is because Bitcoin moves along with the rest of the economy. Soon enough the FED is forced to change there interest policy again when the recession can't be denied anymore and moving back to run the money press at 110%, then you'll also see a hike in BTC as all the other indices. The next halving of BTC is in 2024, that would probably  trigger another rally. 

Until then, I'm quite happy with a side ward market in order to accumulate on the cheap. Personally I see BTC more as a savings plan, and am actually more interested in the value in 8-10 years from now. Even if it's still the same value as of today, I did at least not lost 50% value on my FIAT-currency. 

7 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

The foremost reason is because Bitcoin moves along with the rest of the economy. Soon enough the FED is forced to change there interest policy again when the recession can't be denied anymore and moving back to run the money press at 110%, then you'll also see a hike in BTC as all the other indices. The next halving of BTC is in 2024, that would probably  trigger another rally. 

Until then, I'm quite happy with a side ward market in order to accumulate on the cheap. Personally I see BTC more as a savings plan, and am actually more interested in the value in 8-10 years from now. Even if it's still the same value as of today, I did at least not lost 50% value on my FIAT-currency. 

If it doesnt go up over 10 years then you still lost due to inflation.

You need 40% plus to cover inflation

On 8/4/2022 at 10:52 PM, BananaBandit said:

what is wrong with my thought process here?

It seems you want to apply logic to something that has little to do with logic.

The twitter messages from Elon Musk are probably more important than any logic. And it doesn't matter if he is stoned or joking or whatever.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2022 at 2:35 AM, talahtnut said:

Inflation up 15%

Stocks are not your assets, you have no control.

I can buy or sell a stock in a few seconds with the click of a mouse, how is that not control?