A warning for those using the other forum in Chiang Rai…

JBChiangRai

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, you can never assume "Private" messages sent via forum software are truly private ???? 

That kind of discussion is best taken to an alternative medium.

That forum is based on Simple Machines Forum Software, they don’t support admins reading Private Messages, actually they are totally against it, but there are 3rd party tools to do it, but you have to actively decide to be a nosey parker.

• Like 2

Somebody please tell bechou and yknot that spaghettimilanese can’t reply to their messages because he was the other party banned.

So to answer your question yknot (how friendly is that?), that’s how friendly it is, and that’s how lightly moderated it is.

21 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not really! Everyone is banned or hates the owner.

Isn't that the forum that was purely set-up to promote property sales and masqueraded as a forum ? Or am I thinking of another one ?

I'm on that forum, although it is somewhat moribund. I am not banned, the statement "everyone is banned" is ridiculous.

I'd suggest libeling anyone on scant evidence is not a good idea, even if it is supposedly a private message.

If the OP really wanted to make their communication private, they should have exchanged email addresses.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm on that forum, although it is somewhat moribund. I am not banned, the statement "everyone is banned" is ridiculous.

That statement was intended to be an attempt at hyperbole humour, ill advised I'd agree, humour rarely travels in digital form.

There is a website set up that appears to be for general property sales, but in fact it only promotes one development (by a Dutch guy I think).

As the other forum has now been named, this topic is now closed as per the following:

25. You will not discuss or post links to other Thailand or ASEAN based forums, or forums which could be considered as competition to ASEAN NOW or our sponsors.

//Closed//

• Like 1