New phone purchase

superal

4 hours ago, superal said:

I have delayed renewing my old phone because I could not make my mind up with so many on the market but in a moment of weakness my lady convinced me to buy a modest VIVO  on a 1 year contract whereby the phone cost is billed alongside your monthly subs . All ok until I was asked to pick out a new number to which I said that I wanted to retain my old number . The shop ( DTAC ) said that is OK but I would have to pay an additional 200 baht a month to keep my old number . Not understand because I have been with the DTAC shop with the same number for 2 or 3 years . Is the additional 200 baht charge the norm ?

I advise you to stop listening to your lady on such matters. ???? 

Don't buy a phone on subs and don't tie yourself into a Postpaid contract.

Buy a phone outright and then add a suitable package to your existing DTAC SIM....or you can port the number to another network, such as AIS and then attach an unlimited data package to it for 150 baht per month in total. Can include any network calls at that price, dependent on what part of the country you reside.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 2

Something to do with buying on one year contract vs outright purchase.  Outright purchase should be no problem or cost using old number.  Purchase contract may have many unusual conditions, unknown to most.

Need to know contract details or suggest not buying on contract.

Edited by Bill97