Video: Shooting in Phetchaburi results in death - road rage over "cutting in front" incident

webfact

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Some people just go nuts when driving. I knew a guy a long time ago that hated being passed by another car. He would chase after them and pull them over and smack them around until they said sorry for passing him. I wonder where he is at now?

In 1949, Walt Disney studios released a cartoon: "Motor Mania" starring Goofy, a take on Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde.  As true now as it was 70 years ago.

Get angry and kill someone after a small incident, okay look to me there's more to that story.

And what happened to the 'friend' who hide the gun or maiby the owner off it? 

For me people like this, a life for a life.

But we will see this smiling drunk guy will be out in 4-5 years...

I can't believe how the cops where handling this, 1st the spent bullets identified on the road by the numbers, all the while a motorcycle riding through, i.e. not tapped off. I remember when a drug dealer was shot dead in a carpark in my street in the old country, no one could leave their home until the investigation was over and the car park was 200 metres down the road, all I wanted to do was walk in the opposite direction to go to work, nope.

Then there was the cop cocking the gun, all the while, while he was pointing it at everyone standing there, could you imagine if it went off.

Looked like a lot of Captains all giving orders, that said, I hope they put the case together and throw the key away once he is put in the Bangkok Hilton, never to be released.

I have learned here to let go when someone (every 5 minutes) does something stupid on the road while I am driving, not worth the hassle of being knifed, shot or rammed, mind you I can handle myself, but like I said, not worth the hassle of dealing with someone suffering from the  small d--- syndrome.

RIP to the innocent driver.  

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I can't believe how the cops where handling this, 1st the spent bullets identified on the road by the numbers, all the while a motorcycle riding through, i.e. not tapped off. I remember when a drug dealer was shot dead in a carpark in my street in the old country, no one could leave their home until the investigation was over and the car park was 200 metres down the road, all I wanted to do was walk in the opposite direction to go to work, nope.

Then there was the cop cocking the gun, all the while, while he was pointing it at everyone standing there, could you imagine if it went off.

Looked like a lot of Captains all giving orders, that said, I hope they put the case together and throw the key away once he is put in the Bangkok Hilton, never to be released.

I have learned here to let go when someone (every 5 minutes) does something stupid on the road while I am driving, not worth the hassle of being knifed, shot or rammed, mind you I can handle myself, but like I said, not worth the hassle of dealing with someone suffering from the  small d--- syndrome.

RIP to the innocent driver.  

"mind you I can handle myself, "

Duly noted.

The video of the police reminded me of when I was a kid visiting my grandmas house when all females in the family were there talking, lots of neurotic women all talking over one another, no one actually listening, but all desperately trying to be the one who’s talking.

A gaggle of geese etc..

Tragic story. My heart goes out to the family of the young man shot dead for a minor inconvenience if that.

I used to laugh when I first came to Thailand in 2018 and my GF (now wife) would yell at me when I made a quick lane change or overtook someone hastily.

Reading this story I now understand her worries.

In the past my solution was go faster and don't look sideways if they overtake and then ease off and let them go. 

As an old dog with many years of driving around the world I have never seen anywhere quite like Thailand for it's range of bad and careless drivers to out right madmen who seem to think to a gargantuan size pickup entitles them to do anything they want at any speed they like.

In Australia I relax on long drives with only an occasional roo to worry about. 

In Thailand I am always vigilant on the roads - expect the unexpected and downright astounding stupidity! 

Edited by chricha
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:
19 hours ago, kotsak said:

That's what happens when you give guns and cars to children..

???  The arrested shooter is 61.

You must be ancient if you think he is a child.

I was not referring to their actual age.. :whistling:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Reigntax said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'd think that road rage never happened anywhere else.  FUS, FUK, FEU, FAUS, FEE Male syndrome.

You seem to know a lot of fragile people from all nationalities!!

I don't have to know any of them to know that they exist, my being able to read is a great asset!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, ikke1959 said:

teach people how to drive a car, and check their mental health instead of their physical health.... Some people drive like crazy, cut you off, brake in front of you with any reason, switching lanes without lokking and so on and so on..... If you respond on their behavior they get mad and see what happens.. Not the first time and not th last time this will be.. Almost daily news.. Rip to the deceased and the man who did it??? make sure he never can drive anything again

this is Thailand get used to it ain't never going to change  

On 8/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Equally applicable to almost every other countries' drivers. 

Not equally. Thailand was rated second most dangerous country to drive in. Road rage incidents must have been part of that calculus.