PM Wants Nationwide Entertainment Venues Checked

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Seismic said:

Really?, the PM should get his <deleted> together and realise that things like this will keep happening as long as Thais are allowed to ignore legislation.

And numerous officials are allowed to not do their job, plus in many cases they have no knowledge of the subject area they are assigned to. Example: Redesign of Third Rd Pattaya some 25 years ago: redesign completd, work starts, numeroud complaints from residents, get investigated - redesign done by young son of council official, no knowledge, no experience or qualifications etc., but he did get a big fee.

Citizens scream loudly about the redesign aspects, waste of money etc., snr cop intervenes and says  'well we have to give people a chance'.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha sent his condolences to victims of the pub fire in Chon Buri

instead why not send some of the money that is supposed to be used to buy the screen doors for the subs without engines ? 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, djayz said:

What's the point when (1) they don't have a clue as to what safety standards there are/should be

well we have universities in Thailand were they should getting educated on stuff like standards but instead they all fighting and shooting each other in running battles on the streets - what a country

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

well we have universities in Thailand were they should getting educated on stuff like standards but instead they all fighting and shooting each other in running battles on the streets - what a country

Well just look at who really runs the country, hardly a role model for the students.

Maybe when police raid night time venues they could check exit doors are unlocked and there are no fireworks etc. on stage?

You know, instead of looking for vaping devices or forcing patrons to pee in a bottle in public in case they took a pill?

• Like 2

OK, the consensus here is that the police/politicians/authorities/owners are all to blame and we live in a lawless/corrupt country where life is cheap.

We know that , it’s the same rhetoric whenever there is an incident. Can’t we also consider that the general public including some of us are just as guilty of burying our heads in the sand when it comes to safety here.

I spent many years in the steel and construction industries, I look for problems and out of a sense of wellbeing I try to avoid them. Did anyone notice during the Covid ‘crisis’ that ‘security’ changed. No longer were our bags being checked for explosives or weapons, instead all the emphasis was on our temperature. I have shops in a multi storey building at Chatuchak and again due to covid they found it necessary to place chains and locks around several of the exits. And no one questioned it, the doors remained locked and thus useless until we were all told that it was now safe for them to be open again.

Yep for sure I’m a boring old guy that checks out my surroundings when I’m in a building, that’s partly how I got old.

RIP to the deceased and my thoughts too for the horrific injuries some of the survivors have sustained.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the outrage when the young doctor was killed by a speeding motorcycle at the crosswalk.  The kneejerk reaction was to repaint/redesign the "zebra crossings" to make sure motorists stop when people are in the crosswalk.  How is that working? Like another poster said "give it 5 days".

• Thanks 1

Check these venues now....after the event as usual!

And just who is qualified to check them? Will these inspectors be allowed to accept back handers for "non compliance" issues not to be pursued?

50 minutes ago, DaLa said:

OK, the consensus here is that the police/politicians/authorities/owners are all to blame and we live in a lawless/corrupt country where life is cheap.

We know that , it’s the same rhetoric whenever there is an incident. Can’t we also consider that the general public including some of us are just as guilty of burying our heads in the sand when it comes to safety here.

I spent many years in the steel and construction industries, I look for problems and out of a sense of wellbeing I try to avoid them. Did anyone notice during the Covid ‘crisis’ that ‘security’ changed. No longer were our bags being checked for explosives or weapons, instead all the emphasis was on our temperature. I have shops in a multi storey building at Chatuchak and again due to covid they found it necessary to place chains and locks around several of the exits. And no one questioned it, the doors remained locked and thus useless until we were all told that it was now safe for them to be open again.

Yep for sure I’m a boring old guy that checks out my surroundings when I’m in a building, that’s partly how I got old.

RIP to the deceased and my thoughts too for the horrific injuries some of the survivors have sustained.

Did you actually report these exits were blocked?....assuming that in Thailands' slack building compliance..almost all exits should be regarded as fine exits