Police to prosecute Mountain B owner for negligence over locked exits

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said all pub owners should think about the safety of customers and not flouting rules with backhanders to the authorities. 

Wonder how that will work out for them ?

• Haha 2

Just now, John Drake said:

The videos are so gruesome I don't see how they can cover it up. The man engulfed in flames crumpling to the parking lot in the background. The young girl with several fires sprouting around her back, neck, and face. The young man walking by calmly apparently unaware that his back has been burnt badly. It was like watching survivors from the Hindenburg. 

Yes terrible video I agree. They can cover up anything here when they put their mind to it.

• Like 1

police is already covering the owner with contradicting statements:

"Pol Maj Gen Attasit Kijjaharn, chief of Chonburi provincial police, said Friday that initial investigation discovered that uncertain whether the rear door was locked as the press earlier reported or not as the padlock wasn't found and further investigation is needed."

"Deputy Police Chief Pol Lt Gen said on Friday after further investigation on Mountain B pub fire which now claims 14 lives that at least one exit door was locked when the fire occurred after 1am Friday in Chonburi province. He said it's unclear how many exit doors existed and whether more than one exit doors have been locked." - in this quotation name of this cop is missing, probably by mistake.

quotations are from khaosod english fb 

Edited by internationalism

Just now, AndyFoxy said:

The thing that got me is no one is trying to help put the fires on their body out. How about taking one’s shirt off and trying to beat out the flames.

Whilst that may seem strange and uncaring then considering the time of day and the type of establishment perhaps many of them were simply blind drunk, high on pot or other drugs and hence had little grip on reality

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Not sure if we can quote and link "Pattaya News" so apologies to mods and I won't link if not allowed but they have just published a report that states 5 senior Sattahip police officers including the Chief have been transferred to Chonburi Police HQ for allowing the place to keep operating.  They are named in that article.

So the "Police" knew it was operating illegally? They just took the money and turned a blind eye?

If that is can be proven, they should be indicted too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

So the "Police" knew it was operating illegally? They just took the money and turned a blind eye?

If that is can be proven, they should be indicted too.

Should but won't 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

The thing that got me is no one is trying to help put the fires on their body out. How about taking one’s shirt off and trying to beat out the flames.

A lot of very young people all around. In shock. Can't accept what is happening. And crowds need someone to lead. Had just one person taken the initiative, maybe a better result. But there is one thing. After the initial fire, when you see people coming out and on fire, there is a lapse of a few moments before a second, larger explosion occurs. People might have been just too afraid to move towards the building.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes terrible video I agree. They can cover up anything here when they put their mind to it.

I can't fathom how the uninjured make no attempt to douse the flames on those affected. Absolutely no consideration for anything except themselves.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Mountain B owned by  Ms Thanyapat Sornsuwanhiran 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-fire-least-13-dead-27663422

aljazeera says that person is a waitress. Could she be an owner and a waitress? And Bangkok Post is identifying her as a pub supervisor.

"A waitress at the venue, Thanyapat Sornsuwanhiran, also told Thai television reporters that she saw smoke near the stage.

“I shouted ‘fire’ to customers, and I was near the doors, so I directed them out. I kept shouting ‘fire, fire’ and the security guards were also helping lead people out,” she said."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/5/fire-at-a-club-in-eastern-thailand-kills-at-least-13

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I fear that that is about as close to the name as we will ever see.

It is published today in the main story on the Bangkok Post's front page. It will be in the paper's online version too, if you really need to know.

• Like 1