5 months into Fortuner ownership - are all dealers like this?

Woof999

3 minutes ago, transam said:

You never bought a Toyota then....?  ????

never, am a Mazda guy..... but they do the same as Toyota, many so called "free stuff" but at the end one pays for it, all under the misunderstandings/miscommunications

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

The Toyota is not bad but overall I think the Honda CRV beats it hands down.

Different markets IMHO. Looked at the CR-V before we went with the Fortuner. The petrol CR-V is closer to a car than an SUV, both in terms of the way it drives (which is a positive) and the driving position (which for my wife is a negative).

Petrol vs diesel too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Different markets IMHO. Looked at the CR-V before we went with the Fortuner. The petrol CR-V is closer to a car than an SUV, both in terms of the way it drives (which is a positive) and the driving position (which for my wife is a negative).

Petrol vs diesel too.

I went with Isuzu Mux 3.0L diesel. 300K cheaper than Fortuner. Plus I liked the brown interior. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

never, am a Mazda guy..... but they do the same as Toyota, many so called "free stuff" but at the end one pays for it, all under the misunderstandings/miscommunications

If something like scuff plates are offered free by a dealer, then I see no problem with fitting after market Lazada ones.

If one is actually paying extra for genuine Toyota brand, then they must supply genuine Toyota.

Shopee are advertising genuine Toyota scuff plates for a 2015/20 Fortuner for 2900bht, that is an expensive freebie even on the Net...

If I was you I would be selling the vehicle, you are never

going to be happy with it, and buy something YOU want,

as you seem to have bought this one for the wife,Ok if

she paid for it.

" probably why the wife wanted it so much."

"and the driving position (which for my wife is a negative)."

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:18 AM, Woof999 said:

I also mentioned 2 things about the kick-plates. 3 of them state "Fortuner", but the passenger side rear one states "Legender". I questioned this and was insta-told that this was normal. Really? They told me they would show me another GR Sport the same but this didn't happen.

Just checked, mine has all of them state "Fortuner"

grfortkickplates.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, EVENKEEL said:

2022 Isuzu MUX 3.0L  oil change is first 10K km.

My Thai looked at a Toyota 5 door multipurpose model.  

He want several times (twice to take his wife), 'their' salesman was sleeping and not allowed to wake him up.

As a compromise 2 pretty girls were quickly assigned, one all over my son like a rash to the point son's wife told her to back off. Another sales employee made it clear it was very rude of son's wife to say anything to the pretty girl, 'they are just trying to help you'.

He bought a Honda Mobilio. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, recom273 said:

The camera thing takes the pee .. 

I too bought a Toyota recently, a pickup, the final incentive that was offered after no more discount was the camera. I had already looked at the spec of the best xiaomi model and tbf the rep offered us 1500B or a camera - which would have paid most of the xioami camera.

The camera arrived a month after the car, I asked to take the camera away to check the image, "oh, cannot" if you take away we won't fit for free for you. "Oh really?" I took the camera and then went to see a local fitter who has a good reputation.

The fitter, although agreed, squirmed with the thought of the job, apparently if anything breaks during fitting then its not covered by warrantee and he couldn't afford to replace anything, then he told us a story of a new truck he fitted a camera to, it got to under 2 years and the lights stopped working, under investigation Isuzu blamed fitting an aftermarket camera by a non-approved fitter.

We went back to Toyota and told them to fit it, the sales rep agreed with the story from my guy and their fitter installed it for free. They made a decent job with the wiring but the fitting kit was a bit big, I was distracted by these plastic bars in and around my rear view mirror and on the back screen, I pulled the cameras off, cut them back and remounted myself and made them more discreet.

The quality of the camera is pretty poor compared to the Xioami.

When I saw "free servicing" on my Honda CBR, the first vehicle I had bought new I was shocked to find that I had to pay for oil and whatever, its just the way it is. The labour is free, trouble is, there is no expertise, its just some hedge monkey who graduated from the local tech college who is following procedure. Prolly gets paid 400B a day, so they are hardly giving anything away.

You use the racist  term 'hedge monkey' but would  you call an Irish mechanic  a 'mud monkey'?

On 8/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, recom273 said:

The camera thing takes the pee .. 

I too bought a Toyota recently, a pickup, the final incentive that was offered after no more discount was the camera. I had already looked at the spec of the best xiaomi model and tbf the rep offered us 1500B or a camera - which would have paid most of the xioami camera.

The camera arrived a month after the car, I asked to take the camera away to check the image, "oh, cannot" if you take away we won't fit for free for you. "Oh really?" I took the camera and then went to see a local fitter who has a good reputation.

The fitter, although agreed, squirmed with the thought of the job, apparently if anything breaks during fitting then its not covered by warrantee and he couldn't afford to replace anything, then he told us a story of a new truck he fitted a camera to, it got to under 2 years and the lights stopped working, under investigation Isuzu blamed fitting an aftermarket camera by a non-approved fitter.

We went back to Toyota and told them to fit it, the sales rep agreed with the story from my guy and their fitter installed it for free. They made a decent job with the wiring but the fitting kit was a bit big, I was distracted by these plastic bars in and around my rear view mirror and on the back screen, I pulled the cameras off, cut them back and remounted myself and made them more discreet.

The quality of the camera is pretty poor compared to the Xioami.

When I saw "free servicing" on my Honda CBR, the first vehicle I had bought new I was shocked to find that I had to pay for oil and whatever, its just the way it is. The labour is free, trouble is, there is no expertise, its just some hedge monkey who graduated from the local tech college who is following procedure. Prolly gets paid 400B a day, so they are hardly giving anything away.

Yep. The <deleted> was going to put the oil filter on backwards during my CBR's first service. I just wanted the stamp on the book. Told the dude. That's backwards. And as Thais are never wrong. I'm like okay. I'll be back in 20 mins for a new engine. Up 2 you. Never saw that guy again haha.

On 8/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, Woof999 said:

Yep. Time will tell but most Toyota owners seems to share the opinion.

It's the GR Sport. They've stopped the Legender now. The base models are "Fortuner Leader" with the GR Sport being the highest spec and listed separately.

You sure ?

Toyota Thailand still list the Legender.

https://www.toyota.co.th/model-list?tab=suv#

fortuner.jpg.3b03aa5f6889d4c4672d0fd16190999d.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

You sure ?

Toyota Thailand still list the Legender.

https://www.toyota.co.th/model-list?tab=suv#

fortuner.jpg.3b03aa5f6889d4c4672d0fd16190999d.jpg

I could be wrong, but when I follow your link it doesn't include the Legender. It's also not included in their drop down list of car models when I look:

image.jpeg.3dc98c671aca00a01bcf6b17e6073044.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1aa2218e6f88784d5b5ce254414f3e55.jpeg

If I search for "Legender" in the search box then it does come up in the results, but not from any of the main pages.

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

I could be wrong, but when I follow your link it doesn't include the Legender. It's also not included in their drop down list of car models when I look:

image.jpeg.3dc98c671aca00a01bcf6b17e6073044.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1aa2218e6f88784d5b5ce254414f3e55.jpeg

If I search for "Legender" in the search box then it does come up in the results, but not from any of the main pages.

Interesting, the picture I added was a screenshot of the link I included..... clearly shows a Legender.

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Toyota design their website so that people viewing in Thailand have different results...........

How Bizarre.

Indeed. Just looked again and it asked me how much I was looking to spend. Model results changed yet again:

image.thumb.jpeg.941b99cdfe23d6cd187695e0dc0afef4.jpeg

16 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I'd be interested to know if yours comes with 3 Fortuner kick plates and one Legender (as per the "design" according to the dealer). The new set of 4 has apparently arrived now. Not been there yet to see what they all say.

Would also be interested to know if you can get Android Auto to work wirelessly. I've found an app that lets me add more features (such as YouTube and pretty much any other Android app) to Android Auto that can be controlled from the Fortuner ICE. Makes it much more powerful than it was as standard.

That seems to be a special option the Dealer was kind enough to throw in for free. 

6 hours ago, BostonJoe said:

That seems to be a special option the Dealer was kind enough to throw in for free. 

It's not an option. All Tunas are fitted with those at the factory. Some top models light up when you open the door. The lessor models don't.

On 8/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, transam said:

you bought reliability....

Tell that to the DPF folk in Australia class  action lawsuit or any BZ4X owners...........thats if they have any more than 3  wheels  on their  wagon  left. Toyota are  resting on their laurels  too  much . They like all manufacturers  here can get away with a lot of under  carpet sweeping if  required.

PS yeah I  know its  not  Thailand..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Tell that to the DPF folk in Australia class  action lawsuit or any BZ4X owners...........thats if they have any more than 3  wheels  on their  wagon  left. Toyota are  resting on their laurels  too  much . They like all manufacturers  here can get away with a lot of under  carpet sweeping if  required.

PS yeah I  know its  not  Thailand..

It's not a Fortuner diesel then....????

Op's problem is  down to the dealer, ive had various  brands  over the years Toyota  Nissan  Honda  Chevrolet.its the dealers  that are the problem.

Recent  visut ot my loacl EX Chevorolet  dealer resulted in a 50  minute  wait just to the the price of a  part............theyre  clueless......oh yeah they are selling GWM  now so expect them to be  just as  clueless  about customer service also. The end result  was I service  all my  own vehicles even if  I  have to learn  how to do it, most is  not that hard.

Personally Id  be mouthing off  to Toyota  head  office  about them

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

It's not a Fortuner diesel then....????

Hilux  Fortuner????  and Prada https://www.toyotaclassaction.com.au/

The Toyota class action claimed compensation (that is, money) for defects in Toyota Hilux, Fortuner and Prado vehicles with a 1GD-FTV or 2GD-FTV diesel engine acquired between 1 October 2015 and 23 April 2020 in Australia

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:20 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

You use the racist  term 'hedge monkey' but would  you call an Irish mechanic  a 'mud monkey'?

Sorry? What is racist about this? 

I’m just referring to a local kid, a product of the tech college system, with no real knowledge, just rote training, straight out of the handbook. It may be derogatory, but there are hedge monkeys in every nation or race. 

What have Irish people got to do with Thailand motor mechanics? 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

Sorry? What is racist about this? 

I’m just referring to a local kid, a product of the tech college system, with no real knowledge, just rote training, straight out of the handbook. It may be derogatory, but there are hedge monkeys in every nation or race. 

What have Irish people got to do with Thailand motor mechanics? 

????...................1825347687_Monkeywrench.png.0f2f4868c0ea9e8448d5e3e1474eb5fb.png

1826508648_Monkeywrench2.jpg.846ad34e5ee7a99e07476b7e86400d25.jpg

• Like 1