POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I thought the Lancet was a medical journal, yet the article you quoted is not about Covid. It is a general political hit piece based on leftist tropes and shibboleths. To quote from the article;

His appeals to racism, nativism, and religious bigotry have emboldened white nationalists and vigilantes, and encouraged police violence and, at the end of his term in office, insurrection. He chose judges for US courts who are dismissive of affirmative action and reproductive, labour, civil, and voting rights; ordered the mass detention of immigrants in hazardous conditions; and promulgated regulations that reduce access to abortion and contraception in the USA and globally.

Does this sound like a scientific article to you?

Statistics showed the US doing worse per capita than almost any nation on the planet. The proof was in the pudding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I thought the Lancet was a medical journal, yet the article you quoted is not about Covid. It is a general political hit piece based on leftist tropes and shibboleths. To quote from the article;

His appeals to racism, nativism, and religious bigotry have emboldened white nationalists and vigilantes, and encouraged police violence and, at the end of his term in office, insurrection. He chose judges for US courts who are dismissive of affirmative action and reproductive, labour, civil, and voting rights; ordered the mass detention of immigrants in hazardous conditions; and promulgated regulations that reduce access to abortion and contraception in the USA and globally.

Try reading what the Lancet is about:

The Lancet invites submissions of any original contribution that advances or illuminates medical science or practice. We publish Articles (including randomised controlled trials and meta-analyses), Review, Seminar, Health Policy, Therapeutics, Comment, Clinical Picture, Correspondence, and World Report. We also publish Series and Commissions that aim to shape and drive positive change in clinical practice, and public and global health policy. Learn more about the types of papers we publish.

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/about

Note the "public and global health policy" then note the title of the article referred to:

"Public policy and health in the Trump era"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Slip said:

To be fair a big majority of Americans had woken up at the last election; a landslide majority.  Let's just hope they don't slide back into the abyss.

There are still about 70,000,000 Americans who want him again. 

I would understand a million or two idiots. But 70 million? Unbelievable - but true. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

South Korea is a vibrant democracy that also operates via the rule of law. In theory, NOBODY is above the law.

South Korea has jailed 3 former Prime Ministers for corruption.

If South Korea can do it, the supposed beacon of democracy and rule of law can do it, too.

France has gone after them as well. I think perhaps Germany too. And Italy.

36 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Gotta say I am puzzled by this too. The economy was cooking along, unemployment down (especially for minorities), low inflation, peace deals in the Middle East, criminal justice reform, booming energy sector.... I get that you didn't like the Bad Orange Man's personality or behavior.  I am with you on that. But they were 4 pretty good years for America as a whole.

Good years for America as a whole? Really!

Death toll went beyond COVID-19!

" According to the report, Trump’s policies or lack thereof contributed to the deaths of around 461,000 Americans in 2018."

Death Toll Associated With Trump Administration Goes Beyond Covid-19, Says Lancet Report (forbes.com)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

There are sections that analyze death rates and compare them to other nations. It should be pointed out that the report does not only fault Trump for America's health problems. But Trump made them worse.

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why do YOU in particular need to know what is going on? Are you part of the investigating team? Part of Trump's team.

Perhaps the FBI are still investigating and gathering more information, and when they have finished their investigation they will report the results to the people who ordered the investigation who will decide what should happen next.

I very much doubt if you are on the need to know list.

Now, that's a shame.  After his original demand I was just about to tell him about the inner workings of the FBI, but not now.  Notwithstanding Johnnie's obvious forthcoming disappointment I commend you on an otherwise most excellent post. 55.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I am not pleading the victim, in fact I enjoy a decent debate so bring it on, there will be no crying from me ????.

I was merely pointing out the constant straw man arguements of many on the left who constantly label people as far right, Trump supporters etc. whenever they point out the hypocrisy and double standards of the FBI going after Trump to unprecedented levels while dragging their feet when it's an investigation about Hunter/Joe Biden.

I am saying both should be investigated with equal vigour if there is any evidence of wrong doing. For the FBI to go after Trump like a dog with a bone, then take years doing pretty much nothing when Biden needs investigating smacks of political bias. Me pointing that out neither makes me far right, a Trump supporter or a pearl clutcher. Keep throwing those labels out though...

For how many years was Hunter Biden a member of ANY US government. as opposed to Trump who WAS the POTUS.

More straw men?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are still about 70,000,000 Americans who want him again. 

I would understand a million or two idiots. But 70 million? Unbelievable - but true. 

Conman Bernard Madoff's deeds and charisma pale into insignificance when compared to Trump's.

The sad thing is that most of Trumps victims are still enamored and have not yet woken up to the deception.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, billd766 said:

For how many years was Hunter Biden a member of ANY US government. as opposed to Trump who WAS the POTUS.

More straw men?

But he really believes it, were all strawmen to him.  image.png.8de3e53b0a9b8466fe36e209c6bad862.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Gotta say I am puzzled by this too. The economy was cooking along, unemployment down (especially for minorities), low inflation, peace deals in the Middle East, criminal justice reform, booming energy sector.... I get that you didn't like the Bad Orange Man's personality or behavior.  I am with you on that. But they were 4 pretty good years for America as a whole.

Others have already replied about growth and unemployment: continuation Obama's trends and more debt. Inflation was low worldwide  just as it is currently high worldwide.

So-called "peace deals" were not peace deals, as these countries were not at war  and their relations were not even antagonistic.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, michael87 said:

Who can trust a liar, especially the FBI. They cannot be trusted, only a gullible moron would trust the current two tiered justice system in America. These corrupt institutions are the culprits chipping away to the detriment of democracy with people calling out America as a banana republic now. This political stunt will be exposed and Trump will beat any and all challengers in Nov 2024. You can smell the fear emanating from the left.

Pinned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1