POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

1 minute ago, candide said:

Not to the ones who are already dead! 

"New data analysis has revealed that if US Democratic voters were to make up their own country, it would have one of the world’s most vaccinated populations, with more than 91% of adults having received at least one shot.

Meanwhile, approximately 60% of Republican adults have received their first shot, according to data research by the New York Times."

"A total of 25 out of every 100,000 residents in counties that voted for DonaldTrump died of Covid in October, compared with the 7.8 per 100,000 in counties that voted heavily for Biden, according to the data analysis from the Times. October marked the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap of death rates in red and blue counties widened.

Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst, said that in October, the “reddest” tenth of the US saw death rates from coronavirus six times higher than the “bluest” tenth."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/17/counties-voted-trump-higher-covid-death-rate

I was referring to the future... not the past.

42 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Rubbish - Trump encouraged fast vaccine R&D and production but it was still not vaccine available until Nov 2020.

Science and direct results? Bah humbug.  

The vaccine push was good.

How was he on promoting mask use?

• Like 1

"And then there’s this interesting tidbit: Ahead of A.G. MERRICK GARLAND’s news conference on Thursday, “a person close to Mr. Trump reached out to a Justice Department official to pass along a message from the former president to the attorney general. Mr. Trump wanted Mr. Garland to know that he had been checking in with people around the country and found them to be enraged by the search. The message Mr. Trump wanted conveyed, according to a person familiar with the exchange, was: ‘The country is on fire. What can I do to reduce the heat?’”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2022/08/14/intrigue-grows-around-mar-a-lago-docs-00051605

"‘The country is on fire. What can I do to reduce the heat?’"

If anyone is still unsure about who is on the right and wrong side of this awful raid, this move from Trump to do what is best for his beloved country - not for himself, is a definitive sign.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"And then there’s this interesting tidbit: Ahead of A.G. MERRICK GARLAND’s news conference on Thursday, “a person close to Mr. Trump reached out to a Justice Department official to pass along a message from the former president to the attorney general. Mr. Trump wanted Mr. Garland to know that he had been checking in with people around the country and found them to be enraged by the search. The message Mr. Trump wanted conveyed, according to a person familiar with the exchange, was: ‘The country is on fire. What can I do to reduce the heat?’”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2022/08/14/intrigue-grows-around-mar-a-lago-docs-00051605

If anyone is still unsure about who is on the right and wrong side of this awful raid, this move from Trump to do what is best for his beloved country - not for himself, is a definitive sign.

Tell the truth

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Maybe he shouldn't have ignited the fire and after that fanned the flames?

Presuming this is not the veiled threat it could also very well interpreted to be.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1