Growing concerns about sleep called Coronasomnia

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Brought on by the stress of living in a global pandemic and a recession, sleep experts have even labeled these sleep problems “Coronasomnia,” a portmanteau3 of coronavirus and insomnia. 

Coronasomnia! ???????????? Yeah, I guess they must call it something. Just sad, they are branding these people as experts.

Caught covid a few days ago it seems (thanks to all those coughing and spluttering near me when out and about and many of them not wearing masks who do not cover their snouts when they cough and sneeze)

The symptoms have slowly been creeping up on me and seems last night and today I feel like s***, feels like a real bad case of flu.

Have had 3 doses of the vaccine, last dose about 1 month ago.

Quarantining at home since 3 days now and am suffering from not being able to sleep at night. End up reading whole novels throughout the night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I agree what you say about the age process, but a lot of my friends are still suffering with long covid months after having covid and most are having trouble sleeping every night.

Not to mention that checking the phone for COVID alerts every 5 min and worrying about it has a similar affect. 

5 hours ago, userabcd said:

Caught covid a few days ago it seems (thanks to all those coughing and spluttering near me when out and about and many of them not wearing masks who do not cover their snouts when they cough and sneeze)

The symptoms have slowly been creeping up on me and seems last night and today I feel like s***, feels like a real bad case of flu.

Have had 3 doses of the vaccine, last dose about 1 month ago.

Quarantining at home since 3 days now and am suffering from not being able to sleep at night. End up reading whole novels throughout the night.

I'm in the UK I have had 3 vaccinations and never had Covid no symptoms whatsoever but what you describe happening now at night  is happening to me too. I think it is the result of the 'Fear Covid' campaign which creates a framework where having flu like  symptoms triggers fear and the sleeplessness associated with being frightened and worried.

• Like 2

Using a mobile phone, tablet or computer before you try to go to sleep actually stops you sleeping. All computer and mobile phone screens emit 'Blue Light' which stimulate you into wakefulness

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobU said:

Using a mobile phone, tablet or computer before you try to go to sleep actually stops you sleeping. All computer and mobile phone screens emit 'Blue Light' which stimulate you into wakefulness

For many it has no effect, I'm one using a phone right up to when i sleep