Phuket expects 150,000 more Indian tourists this year generating more than 7.5 billion baht after roadshow in India

webfact

"Phuket – Phuket is expecting more Indian tourists which will generate more than 7.5 billion baht this year, 2022, after a recent roadshow in India, according to relevant officials."

Why do 'relevant officials' only care about money? It seems they are not concerned with anything else?

I never see polls of these tourists saying if 'they had a good time' or did they get value for money' or will they come back'?etc

• Like 1

Every time I see the word  "expects" it seems to go hand in hand with "more tourists" (especially when it comes from TAT or their compatriate agencies!)

Edited by sambum
Additional text
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tigerbeer said:

all you haters, do a quick google search indian weddings phuket. check out the hotel names. 

Hate does not include humour and observation. Years ago one Hotel porter told me they did hate Indians as many brought along cookers and cooked food in the rooms stinking the place out and damaging the carpets!

• Like 1

I wonder if this kind of "news" ever actually gets reported  "in real life"  or is it fabricated by Asean Now purely to wind up the english speaking expat "community"  There appear to be  statements of this nature allegedly made at least once a week here by some "authority " or other and they inevitably invoke a very strong and usually very critical response by the stalwarts on this website.    Why do you all even care?

Admittedly I am not in the least bit interested in projected tourist numbers for my home country (UK) but  I don't think I have ever heard the UK tourist authorities ever make these kind of statements , and ,even if they do , I cannot imagine , even in my wildest dreams that there are  foreign language websites where people argue amongst themselves  about tourist  figures'

Do some english speaking expats feel threatened in some way by these "news" stories ?  Or do people on here have nothing better to do .   Just wondering

• Like 2

We are currently  spending a few days in Hua Hin and have noticed  a few Indian tourists around especially at the beach 

Had to smile one guy had his young son wanting to go on the horses there 

The Indian guy asked how much and how many hours on

the horse ???? ???? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It would be nice if some of the Indians open up more restaurants in Thailand as I love Indian food.

Where are you? We have nearly  a hundred here in Pattaya- There  are plenty in Bangkok too. Also there are Indian  shops where you can get all the ingredients to do  home cooking.

• Like 2