Mountain B nightclub owner gives detailed interview about fatal club fire, his remorse, experience, and more

webfact

Deadly Burning night clubs with blocked exits are nothing new in Thailand, there have been a few catastrophic ones over the years with enough painful reminders how NOT to to repeat that deadly situation again and yet, it dose repeat it itself every now and than with number of young people who perish in the flames with horrible results, from allowed to operate an eatery/ restaurant to a full blown night club there are different safety regulations that the owners didn't not follow and hence the horrible results...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I sort of feel sorry for them, they opened a business and thought it was ok - they are not fire expersts - they are not experts at anything, that is why it is important to have government experts make sure that their building conforms to regulations and standards - so who do I blame - the expert authorities that were supposed to do their job and didn't - the blame for this is with them and only them 

Agree 100%. The authorities country wide, are lazy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Sia B is going to ordain as a monk when all matters have been completed.   Never understand this nonsense, He likely had little use for Monks and Buddah before and unlikely that Buddha wants anything to do with him now!   Can he be a monk in prison?

Regret always comes afterwards that's the big problem, but not the solution.

You see it doing so much here, first action and after that thinking with often fatal consequences

19 minutes ago, Excel said:

I note that the sides  are not enclosed so hardly a comparison to the enclosed  Mountain B building that become a death trap

Not meant as a comparision.He was adressing the "silent partner" rumour! 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Sattahip, Thailand - The Mountain B nightclub owner and his wife held their first public press conference/interview yesterday, August 10th, saying they almost attempted to commit suicide after the incident,

Are we supposed to feel some kind of sympathy for these people ????

I for one dont !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I sort of feel sorry for them, they opened a business and thought it was ok - they are not fire expersts - they are not experts at anything, that is why it is important to have government experts make sure that their building conforms to regulations and standards - so who do I blame - the expert authorities that were supposed to do their job and didn't - the blame for this is with them and only them 

Most likely did conform to regulations and standards...... As the restaurant it was intended to be.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Their all to blame, I would take a guess that many brown envelopes passed around.

• Like 2

Just now, stephenterry said:

I've been around too long to accept any of their explanations regarding who is is  benefitting from this business.  They will probably pay off the authorities, the police, and the victims families, and when the heat simmers down, begin again.  And the customers will return like lemmings.

Greed being the winner.  

Spot on except in this case 16 customers (so far) won't be returning like lemmings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

When asked about their source of funding, Anongnart replied, “We accumulated money from selling goods, pork meat, and noodles. We also run a restaurant in front of our pub and manage everything on our own without any consultant or silent investors. We are the sole owners.”

Going to go broke over this one missus... hubby might even get jail time...

hope your unlicensed bar was worth it.

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are likely good, decent folks, working hard running this place. Bad fortune. They likely did not know about the materials they were using for soundproofing being so flammable. It is up to the authorities to inspect and make sure public venues are safe. So, who really dropped the ball here? 

Alot of mixed messages about the exits being locked. If so, that is a big issue. But, does anyone really know for sure? Was the pub illegal? Again, why were they allowed to operate? Don't the authorities bear any of the responsibility for this? 

To answer your question if the exits were locked, YES, its a massive fxxing deal.

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

How could it be?? The pub had no papers and therfor illegal..Nothing to explain I suppose.  Very clear. They need to punish all who knew and involved in this case. It far worse than a boat accident. 

The place was registered as a restaurant, had on onsite kitchen that cooked and sold food.

Nothing illegal there.

The part where it puts on a live band and becomes a night club on the other hand not so legal, in saying that what additional licence does a restaurant need for live entertainment ?