Question about Internet Simcard 1000 baht per year

Has anyone used this netsim? 

Seems like a good deal for around 1kb per year with unlimited net? 

Now I'm on like 400baht per month package I think 16gb usage and 100min call.   But I'm feeling these days ppl use phone numbers really? 

ลองเข้ามาดูสินค้า ซิมทรู simเทพ True ซิมเทพทรู ซิมเทพธอร์ 15mbps 6Mbps เน็ตไม่อั้น ซิมเทพ Fast70 Maxspeed Max60 ซิมเน็ตทรู ซิม # A lot ลดราคา 59% เหลือ ฿359 - ฿1,790 เท่านั้น! ซื้อได้ในแอป Shopee ตอนนี้เลย! https://shopee.co.th/product/240855998/8205275812?smtt=0.0.4

56 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

OK prayut chanochan. I hope u will continue to stay and support Thailand. 

What he may mean is that unlimited does not mean max speed.  You may be limited to 512kbps.  Also you may be limited by a FUP, hours, or even which internet services you can use.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, banglay said:

I've being using DTac  and it's pretty much on point 100% of the time ..and it always pings at round the max +/- . I will be re newing it next month ,, 402059377_Screenshot2022-08-12072739.png.de9d6245cfc2f0738b707eb5bedb645b.png

Also have DTAC 15 Mbit/s, no volume limit, 1390 per year.

It does the job (when outside/on the road).

But next time I will look at the AIS options. DTAC coverage still has more blind spots.

True, no thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

But next time I will look at the AIS options. DTAC coverage still has more blind spots.

True, no thanks 

l use AIS 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

True, no thanks 

l use AIS yearly SIM, 15Mbps internet speed, 100GB/month volume, free calls within AIS SIM network, can share WiFi, 1590 baht per year. Have it for my phone the wife's phone and one setup in the shop running 7 cctv cameras. Highly recommend

• Like 2

3 hours ago, banglay said:

I've being using DTac  and it's pretty much on point 100% of the time ..and it always pings at round the max +/- . I will be re newing it next month ,, 402059377_Screenshot2022-08-12072739.png.de9d6245cfc2f0738b707eb5bedb645b.png

Next year i plan to get the 30Mbps as where i live, Pratumnak, I've had 50 Mbps, only 300 baht extra for double speed

Screenshot_2022-08-12-11-06-40-073_com.lazada.android.jpg

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Next year i plan to get the 30Mbps as where i live, Pratumnak, I've had 50 Mbps, only 300 baht extra for double speed

Screenshot_2022-08-12-11-06-40-073_com.lazada.android.jpg

In Pratumnak with TOT, most of the time 20+ mbps. 

For 999 Baht/year. 

But beware, they are operating on B40! 

tot-thunder-net.jpg

Screenshot_20220812_123810_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by CH1961
missed price
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBird said:

What he may mean is that unlimited does not mean max speed.  You may be limited to 512kbps.  Also you may be limited by a FUP, hours, or even which internet services you can use.

No that is nonsense.....

It doesn't even claim to be unlimited.

17 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Has anyone used this netsim? 

Seems like a good deal for around 1kb per year with unlimited net? 

Now I'm on like 400baht per month package I think 16gb usage and 100min call.   But I'm feeling these days ppl use phone numbers really? 

ลองเข้ามาดูสินค้า ซิมทรู simเทพ True ซิมเทพทรู ซิมเทพธอร์ 15mbps 6Mbps เน็ตไม่อั้น ซิมเทพ Fast70 Maxspeed Max60 ซิมเน็ตทรู ซิม # A lot ลดราคา 59% เหลือ ฿359 - ฿1,790 เท่านั้น! ซื้อได้ในแอป Shopee ตอนนี้เลย! https://shopee.co.th/product/240855998/8205275812?smtt=0.0.4

Which NetSIM? There are five and none of them are 1000 baht. Is it so hard to actually write a more accurate figure, such a 1200 or 1800, so that we can understand what it is you are discussing?

Take the advice to test the network if you are not already using the said network.

DTAC's version of the 6 Mbps Unlimited SIM includes unlimited calls to any domestic network, for 1100 to 1200.

Truemove H only free calls to other Truemove H numbers with perhaps 60 minutes of calls to other networks.

Edited by Bruno123

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nice one, didn't realise TOT had a sim, what's B40?

B40 is 2300MHz TDD. 

Your phone/modem have to support this band. 

FDD and TDD are different systems. Not all all phones/modems support both. 

The frequency bands allocated for LTE are different in different countries around the world. There are two types of LTE Frequency Bands FDD and TDD. FDD stands for Frequency Division Duplex, each FDD-LTE bands consist of a pair of frequencies, one for the uplink and another for the downlink. TDD (Time Division Duplex) LTE Bands require only a single band which is used for both the uplink and downlink.

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:
5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nice one, didn't realise TOT had a sim, what's B40?

It's no longer TOT

Still TOT ????

Screenshot_20220812_184620.jpg

Edited by CH1961
added screenshot as proof

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Speedtest can't be trusted, have you double checked with testmy.net?

It really does not matter which test system you use provided you use the same one  a number of times under the same settings.  Jumping from one "test site" to another is not comparing like with like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DezLez said:

It really does not matter which test system you use provided you use the same one  a number of times under the same settings.  Jumping from one "test site" to another is not comparing like with like.

Rubbish, have you tried it? if you had you'd realise they'll likely be different 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rubbish, have you tried it? if you had you'd realise they'll likely be different 

Yes!

That is my point!

They all use different algorithms/testing methods/ping sources etc.  Stick to one and use it regularly. Or try two or three immediately after each other, at least three times under the same settings.

It really does not matter which one you use unless they are pushing addons or want paying.   

The major point is that a single test on any one single system is meaningless!

You must do a number of test (3!) then repeat after a few hours or days  and compare under the same circumstances.

• Like 2

I have 1700 Bath / year / unlimited from Lazada from True. Works great anywhere, great speed, even when power outage or while driving in car. Easy to create a hotspot in phone and share internet with other people. I'm very happy with it.

If you order it from Lazada you have to still go to True shop first and register SIM card with your passport, 2 minutes top.

8 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

It's no longer TOT, but NT Wireless

It is still TOT even if they are NT now.

NT now runs 2 legacy mobile networks: TOT3G and my (formerly my by CAT),  even TOT and CAT have merged into NT.

51 minutes ago, FrederikKitten said:

I have 1700 Bath / year / unlimited from Lazada from True. Works great anywhere, great speed, even when power outage or while driving in car. Easy to create a hotspot in phone and share internet with other people. I'm very happy with it.

If you order it from Lazada you have to still go to True shop first and register SIM card with your passport, 2 minutes top.

Can you just get it from the True shop? Not use Lazada?

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can you just get it from the True shop? Not use Lazada?

No idea.

To me it seams safer from Lazada - you have time to read the specs of the SIM, no possibility of miscommunication or some Trueshop employee trying to sign you up to who knows what package.

Edited by FrederikKitten