Question about Internet Simcard 1000 baht per year

9 minutes ago, FrederikKitten said:

No idea.

To me it seams safer from Lazada - you have time to read the specs of the SIM, no possibility of miscommunication or some Trueshop employee trying to sign you up to who knows what package.

For me it's the opposite I hate  buying stuff online- always prefer to deal with human and never been forced  to sign  up for something I didn't  want and never had serious communication  problems  with True staff.  Always, over about 17 years had excellent  service  from them

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

Yes!

That is my point!

They all use different algorithms/testing methods/ping sources etc.  Stick to one and use it regularly. Or try two or three immediately after each other, at least three times under the same settings.

It really does not matter which one you use unless they are pushing addons or want paying.   

The major point is that a single test on any one single system is meaningless!

You must do a number of test (3!) then repeat after a few hours or days  and compare under the same circumstances.

Not quite, when you have set speed package it's easy to tell which one is accurate. Speedtest not accurate and way out, testmy.net accurate. Test them both and let us know

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DezLez said:

It really does not matter which test system you use provided you use the same one  a number of times under the same settings.  Jumping from one "test site" to another is not comparing like with like.

You are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, banglay said:

I've being using DTac  and it's pretty much on point 100% of the time ..and it always pings at round the max +/- . I will be re newing it next month ,, 402059377_Screenshot2022-08-12072739.png.de9d6245cfc2f0738b707eb5bedb645b.png

I have this one and it works perfectly at about 10-12 Mb/s. Enough for streaming.

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

For me it's the opposite I hate  buying stuff online- always prefer to deal with human and never been forced  to sign  up for something I didn't  want and never had serious communication  problems  with True staff.  Always, over about 17 years had excellent  service  from them

You are out of touch. You will not get the best deals from True staff. But you are possibly stuck in your ways.

No one can narrow anything down for you without you stating your criteria in the first place. 

Since you already have a Truemove H SIM, you can add a full speed day pack and run speed tests to see the max speed available to you at your place and then choose a pack accordingly.

You then can decide if you want to add a pack to your existing number or to buy a new SIM. How can anyone decide any of that for you? State your criteria and we can go from there.

15 hours ago, FrederikKitten said:

I have 1700 Bath / year / unlimited from Lazada from True. Works great anywhere, great speed, even when power outage or while driving in car. Easy to create a hotspot in phone and share internet with other people. I'm very happy with it.

If you order it from Lazada you have to still go to True shop first and register SIM card with your passport, 2 minutes top.

You can register on-line; no need to go to a True shop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You are out of touch. You will not get the best deals from True staff. But you are possibly stuck in your ways.

No one can narrow anything down for you without you stating your criteria in the first place. 

Since you already have a Truemove H SIM, you can add a full speed day pack and run speed tests to see the max speed available to you at your place and then choose a pack accordingly.

You then can decide if you want to add a pack to your existing number or to buy a new SIM. How can anyone decide any of that for you? State your criteria and we can go from there.

Thanks. I just like the idea of having a back up sim with a different  number and with Internet  capabilities for a modest price as outlined on this thread. My inquiry  that has seemed to upset people regards the possibility  of getting it sorted  out at a shop or office rather than buying it online from Lazada. I prefer  interpersonal  service.  I don't have a Lazada  account but if necessary I can order stuff through  my friends account. However, I would  prefer to buy  it OTC not over the Internet.

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can you just get it from the True shop? Not use Lazada?

Networks have more than one distribution network. They need to give independents an incentive. That's why the independents have different deals than are available direct.

AIS for example. Buy their Marathon SIM direct and you'll only get 10 Mbps(unless you transfer your number from another network). Through an independent, you get 15 Mbps.

Truemove H has two Unlimited options; one 6 Mbps and one 15 Mbps:

https://shopee.co.th/ซิมเทพ-6Mbps-Unlimited-ซิมเน็ต-ความแรง-6Mbps-ไม่ลดสปีด-1ปี-True-4G-เน็ตไม่จำกัด-โทรฟรีในเครือข่าย-ตลอด-1-ปี-TreeMobile-i.87948031.7005918226

https://shopee.co.th/ซิมเทพธอร์-ซิมเน็ตไม่อั้น-15Mbps-โทรฟรีทุกค่าย60นาที-เดือน-โทรฟรีทรูตลอด24ชม.-i.339431591.16523418829

They include 60 minutes of calls to any domestic number and unlimited free calls within the Truemove H network.

But your requirements might be different.

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks. I just like the idea of having a back up sim with a different  number and with Internet  capabilities for a modest price as outlined on this thread. My inquiry  that has seemed to upset people regards the possibility  of getting it sorted  out at a shop or office rather than buying it online from Lazada. I prefer  interpersonal  service.  I don't have a Lazada  account but if necessary I can order stuff through  my friends account. However, I would  prefer to buy  it OTC not over the Internet.

I have explained why in another post. If you want it a 12 month SIM OTC, you'll have to do so via an independent. Alternatively, apply a monthly pack by yourself by tapping in the relevant code or getting a True shop employee to tap in the code for you. ☺️

If it's a 'back up' SIM, then you might want it on another network.

DTAC also has unlimited in the form of 6 Mbps, 15 Mbps and 30 Mbps.

Their 6 Mbps product includes unlimited calls to any domestic network.

The others have the same call offer as the Truemove H SIMs.

1200, 1400 and 1700 baht respectively

Edited by Bruno123

54 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I prefer  interpersonal  service.  I don't have a Lazada  account but if necessary I can order stuff through  my friends account. However, I would  prefer to buy  it OTC not over the Internet.

I wouldn't buy a True sim, AIS and DTAC have better coverage\speeds in Pratumnak where you said you live. As you don't want to buy online just get a 1 year sim from a DTAC or AIS shop, both at Big C Extra, but it will cost you fair bit more than Lazada

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rubbish, have you tried it? if you had you'd realise they'll likely be different 

Not rubbish.

You have to distinguish between a "line" test to your provider like AIS, ToT whatever.

That is what speedtest.net does by default(!).

This test is the only one that you can use to complain at your provider if it is significantly worse than advertised.

speedtest also allows selection of servers from misc locations.

testmynet gives the illusion of a real world test. In my case selecting an arbitrary Japanese server by default. So what? Japan? Will give a different lesser speed of course.

No provider can guarantee speed to any location.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not rubbish.

You have to distinguish between a "line" test to your provider like AIS, ToT whatever.

That is what speedtest.net does by default(!).

This test is the only one that you can use to complain at your provider if it is significantly worse than advertised.

speedtest also allows selection of servers from misc locations.

testmynet gives the illusion of a real world test. In my case selecting an arbitrary Japanese server by default. So what? Japan? Will give a different lesser speed of course.

No provider can guarantee speed to any location.

Not rubbish? ok explain this? i have AIS max 10Mbps, testmy.net shows it as 9.6Mbps, Speedtest 71Mbps, i rest my case ????

Screenshot_2022-08-13-19-18-18-256_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-13-19-17-29-766_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:21 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Not rubbish? ok explain this? i have AIS max 10Mbps, testmy.net shows it as 9.6Mbps, Speedtest 71Mbps, i rest my case ????

Screenshot_2022-08-13-19-18-18-256_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-13-19-17-29-766_com.android.chrome.jpg

Your speed check is completely bogus unless you actually choose the same server to test.

Clearly you are not comparing like with like. You have 2 servers that are 2,500 miles apart and suggest that it proves anything. 

If you actually want to test the programs then use the same server as close to the same time as feasible & you need to give the data needed like ping, jitter and packet loss.

Having done exactly that there are moderate differences between programs nothing significant. Certainly nothing remotely close to your numbers.

27 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your speed check is completely bogus unless you actually choose the same server to test.

Clearly you are not comparing like with like. You have 2 servers that are 2,500 miles apart and suggest that it proves anything. 

If you actually want to test the programs then use the same server as close to the same time as feasible & you need to give the data needed like ping, jitter and packet loss.

Having done exactly that there are moderate differences between programs nothing significant. Certainly nothing remotely close to your numbers.

Speedtest is always way out, people don't want to keep changing servers to get the right answer, testmy.net works every time without changing anything

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Speedtest is always way out, people don't want to keep changing servers to get the right answer, testmy.net works every time without changing anything

Clearly it doesn’t. Why you would believe that a speed test from a server in Japan is relevant to the speed you can get using a connection from Thailand boggles my mind.

The only way that is related is if you are using services from Japan. 

From having tested a variety of programs using a number of geographical related servers, there is little difference between speed test results. If you use non related servers of course there can be very different results.

SPEEDTEST is no worse than any other it is significantly better in that you can select the most appropriate location to test. Though you are left with few choices using test.my Singapore is more useful than Japan. I see virtually no difference in speed reporting using either service. (Singapore servers for both) 

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Clearly it doesn’t. Why you would believe that a speed test from a server in Japan is relevant to the speed you can get using a connection from Thailand boggles my mind.

From having tested a variety of programs using a number of geographical related servers, there is little difference between speed test results. If you use non related servers of course there can be very different results.

SPEEDTEST is no worse than any other it is significantly better in that you can select the most appropriate location to test. Though you are left with few choices using test.my Singapore is more useful than Japan. I see virtually no difference in speed reporting using either service. (Singapore servers for both) 

You're not getting it, testmy.net works accurately with no manipulation, Speedtest doesn't, many people won't want to mess around with settings to try and get the right answer, anyway we can agree to disagree 

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You don't know what you are talking about. You are unable to explain the reason for Speedtest.net showing 71 Mbps on a 10 Mbps connection.

The answer has something to do with certain ISPs optimising test servers especially for Speedtest.net. 

If you want to know your real speed and not some enhanced reporting, use https://testmy.net .....or don't. But stop blathering on about things that you don't understand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You are wrong. Speedtest is the biggest test out there, so certain ISPs have dedicated servers for it, which skew the result. How else can you explain 71 Mbps on a 10 Mbps line?

This doesn't happen with https://testmy.net yet you 'gaslight' scuba by suggesting that testmy doesn't get it right when the evidence shows that it does and that Speedtest does not.

Have you got even one example of testmy getting it wrong? If not, then how can you write "clearly it doesn't"?

Are you living in a different reality where the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth?

Where is your evidence? scuba posted his.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You are wrong. Speedtest is the biggest test out there, so certain ISPs have dedicated servers for it, which skew the result. How else can you explain 71 Mbps on a 10 Mbps line?

This doesn't happen with https://testmy.net yet you 'gaslight' scuba by suggesting that testmy doesn't get it right when the evidence shows that it does and that Speedtest does not.

Have you got even one example of testmy getting it wrong? If not, then how can you write "clearly it doesn't"?

Are you living in a different reality where the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth?

Where is your evidence? scuba posted his.

The evidence is exactly that that @scubascuba3 posted showing a test from a Japanese server demonstrating that it’s speed was ridiculously slower than one from a Thai one.

That demonstrates nothing but that there are 2 servers running different software that are separated by somewhere over 2,000 miles that give different reports.

clearly though there is a difference that he has seen. I am unable to repeat any similar results using the 2 programs. Of course there is a difference but nothing remotely close to his report.

FWIW just because you have paid for a speed doesn’t mean that you are getting it, my contracted speed was being exceeded by 4 times the rating, when I enquired I was able to drop my monthly bill by 10% and increase my maximum by 15 times. So the reported speed are perfect possible.

As to gaslighting that is BS none of my devices have been able to duplicate his results, they are all reasonably close. I can slow both results down by using a round trip using a VPN however they are still close.

The definition of faulty test data are data that cannot be replicated by an independent observer. 

Of course I tested both his preference, using both Japanese and a Singapore server and Speedtest using servers in the  same geographic regions. They were broadly similar for a given location.

It made no difference if I were using data or broadband, same speeds for the same test, of course the cellular network speeds were much slower, the Japan servers was about ½ to ⅓  the speed of Singapore E3459580-09F0-4864-8488-9FD3B73FE3FD.thumb.jpeg.38dd4b57c70563ba914b41fb1fab5e08.jpeg

AAD8511B-DEEE-4EAB-AC94-9F04B81D2250.thumb.jpeg.54436eff644861c0b650efbc0ee8d9d3.jpeg
665D330F-224E-4583-8EC9-751A80E3B049.thumb.png.3f07cc85d391ad3906b844fdabd84303.png

936D5629-8667-4B93-82F4-AEF59FC9011A.thumb.jpeg.5eb550ec29c51174517bebbd2f897b7c.jpeg

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The evidence is exactly that that @scubascuba3 posted showing a test from a Japanese server demonstrating that it’s speed was ridiculously slower than one from a Thai one.

That demonstrates nothing but that there are 2 servers running different software that are separated by somewhere over 2,000 miles that give different reports.

clearly though there is a difference that he has seen. I am unable to repeat any similar results using the 2 programs. Of course there is a difference but nothing remotely close to his report.

FWIW just because you have paid for a speed doesn’t mean that you are getting it, my contracted speed was being exceeded by 4 times the rating, when I enquired I was able to drop my monthly bill by 10% and increase my maximum by 15 times. So the reported speed are perfect possible.

As to gaslighting that is BS none of my devices have been able to duplicate his results, they are all reasonably close. I can slow both results down by using a round trip using a VPN however they are still close.

The definition of faulty test data are data that cannot be replicated by an independent observer. 

Of course I tested both his preference, using both Japanese and a Singapore server and Speedtest using servers in the  same geographic regions. They were broadly similar for a given location.

It made no difference if I were using data or broadband, same speeds for the same test, of course the cellular network speeds were much slower, the Japan servers was about ½ to ⅓  the speed of Singapore E3459580-09F0-4864-8488-9FD3B73FE3FD.thumb.jpeg.38dd4b57c70563ba914b41fb1fab5e08.jpeg

AAD8511B-DEEE-4EAB-AC94-9F04B81D2250.thumb.jpeg.54436eff644861c0b650efbc0ee8d9d3.jpeg
665D330F-224E-4583-8EC9-751A80E3B049.thumb.png.3f07cc85d391ad3906b844fdabd84303.png

936D5629-8667-4B93-82F4-AEF59FC9011A.thumb.jpeg.5eb550ec29c51174517bebbd2f897b7c.jpeg

I stopped reading after the first paragraph, as it is patently clear that you do not have a clue.

Try to keep it simple. Provide an explanation of why, on a capped 10 Mbps connection, Speedtest.net indicates a speed of 71 Mbps.

I already explained to you why the results are skewed and why Test My is more accurate.

Test My comes up with an accurate measurement as opposed to a clearly skewed result from Speedtest.net/AIS.

What is your explanation for that?

Edited by Bruno123

I have no interest in any one program or test suite. However there is no significant difference as long as you are testing like with like.

The faulty results could be explained by non current software, data filters etc on the browser as opposed to a dedicated program.

if you want to run a test that has any meaning then you need to ensure that you are accurately testing like with like

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

I stopped reading after the first paragraph, as it is patently clear that you do not have a clue.

Try to keep it simple. Provide an explanation of why, on a capped 10 Mbps connection, Speedtest.net indicates a speed of 71 Mbps.

I already explained to you why the results are skewed and why Test My is more accurate.

Nut you have just rambled on about Test My using a server in Japan as if that has anything to do with it what we are discussing.

It actually negates your argument, since Test My comes up with an accurate measurement as opposed to a deliberately skewed result from AIS.

@scubascuba3 posted the Japanese server data.

The data from different servers on Test My is extremely similar to that of similar speedtest servers in the same region.

if you are unable to understand that of course a server in Japan will be different from one in Thailand I am unable to simplify it enough for you.

Test My Has no Thailand server. 
the data produced has not been supported.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have no interest in any one program or test suite. However there is no significant difference as long as you are testing like with like.

The faulty results could be explained by non current software, data filters etc on the browser as opposed to a dedicated program.

if you want to run a test that has any meaning then you need to ensure that you are accurately testing like with like

More nonsense it seems. Again, how is it that scuba, using the same device, same browser etc, gets shown 71 Mbps on a capped 10 Mbps connection when using Speedtest.net where Test My shows what is actually available; 10 Mbps.

You don't know and cannot explain it. Test My proven to be accurate; Speedtest.net shown under some circumstances to give completely skewed results.

An intelligent person would use the one that gives accurate results EVERY time.

Old habits die hard. Perhaps just use the brand name to which they have got used to, without thinking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@scubascuba3 posted the Japanese server data.

The data from different servers on Test My is extremely similar to that of similar speedtest servers in the same region.

if you are unable to understand that of course a server in Japan will be different from one in Thailand I am unable to simplify it enough for you.

Test My Has no Thailand server. 
the data produced has not been supported.

How does that explain Speedtest.net 71 Mbps on a 10 Mbps connection?

The Japanese server is irrelevant, since in this case it has returned accurate figures.

But the Speedtest Thai(AIS) server is returning skewed results. It seems your brain is resistant to salient facts.

33 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

More nonsense it seems. Again, how is it that scuba, using the same device, same browser etc, gets shown 71 Mbps on a capped 10 Mbps connection when using Speedtest.net where Test My shows what is actually available; 10 Mbps.

You don't know and cannot explain it. Test My proven to be accurate; Speedtest.net shown under some circumstances to give completely skewed results.

An intelligent person would use the one that gives accurate results EVERY time.

Old habits die hard. Perhaps just use the brand name to which they have got used to, without thinking.

Where is your test data. You complain that there is no data there then can’t understand the geographical differences and why they invalidate the presented data. 
Show your own screen shots 

No tests I have run using the 2 programs show significant differences as long as you test close in time and for the geographical close servers.

I have no idea how SS3 got his data. He hasn’t shown any interest in testing like for like so far. There is no data that has been given to support the anomalous data

I use SPEEDTEST because it has a history that’s easy to access and it’s as good and accurate as any other, if it shows poor data I will change until then it’s good enough.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Where is your test data. You complain that there is no data there then can’t understand the geographical differences and why they invalidate the presented data. 
Show your own screen shots 

No tests I have run using the 2 programs show significant differences as long as you test close in time and for the geographical close servers.

I have no idea how SS3 got his data. He hasn’t shown any interest in testing like for like so far. There is no data that has been given to support the anomalous data

I use SPEEDTEST because it has a history that’s easy to access and it’s as good and accurate as any other, if it shows poor data I will change until then it’s good enough.

It seems that you aren't going to get it. We have reached the limit of your understanding. 

You carry on using Speedtest.net and we'll use Test My. Have a pleasant evening.

• Like 1