Hours-long Cincinnati standoff ends following alleged attempt to breach FBI field office

Scott

Fbi Logo Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

Authorities in Cincinnati, Ohio, Thursday afternoon ended an hours-long standoff with an armed suspect, officials said. Details on the situation are still emerging, but officials said the standoff was in response to the suspect's attempt to breach the Cincinnati FBI field office building at around 9 a.m. 

"Advised that law enforcement operations and response has ended," the Clinton County Emergency Management Agency said in a statement. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/armed-suspect-attempts-breach-fbi-cincinnati-ohio/

CBS Logo, symbol, meaning, history, PNG

Seems the guy is being investigated for links with right wing groups and was there during the attempted coup on January 6th.

All speculation at this point of course...and he wasn’t charged for Jan 6th. 

The suspect was identified as Ricky Shiffer, 42, according to the law enforcement official. He was not charged with any crimes in connection with the January 6 attack, the official said. Federal investigators are examining whether Shiffer may have had ties to far-right extremist groups, including the Proud Boys, the official said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/11/fbi-armed-man-gunfire-standoff-ohio?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

This one appears to not be very bright either. He was carrying a nail gun. His social media posts from the time indicated he thought he could get through the bulletproof glass but his attempts failed. Even though I haven't seen any reporting about it, it's obvious to me he thought the nail gun could break the glass.

Soon to be discussed on your favorite news source...

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Good to see attacks on Federal offices are being dealt with appropriately.

Those harboring thoughts of ‘an uprising’ take note.

Just curiously if you had the same outrage when Antifa attacked federal buildings in Philly and Portland.  I'm sure there were other instances but those two come to mind. ????

For the record, I condemn any violence against federal agencies/properties.

Edited by howlee101
added info
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

Just curiously if you had the same outrage when Antifa attacked federal buildings in Philly and Portland.  I'm sure there were other instances but those two come to mind. ????

For the record, I condemn any violence against federal agencies/properties.

I condemned violence and vandalism attributed to ANTIFA.

I’m not outraged, I’m rather pleased to hear this rightwing loon got what he deserved, I thought I had made that clear.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1