90 Day Reporting by Mail

I am still a bit confused by the rules for TM-47 - 90 Reporting by Mail.  Exactly how early can you mail (post) your submission?  Is there such a thing as submitting too early?  I had it in my head that you must mail it no more than 15 days prior to the due date and no less than 7 days prior to the due date but I don't think that's correct.  Re-reading the current info on the Immigration Department website, I interpret it to mean that you must post at least (no later than) 15 days prior to the due date. But I can't see where it says anything about how early you can or cannot mail your submission.

Assuming the due date is 01 SEPT, the deadline for posting it would be 17 AUG.  Is this correct?
Is there a start date for the submission window?  One month prior?  Implied or stated somewhere?

(Please save us all by not posting about the on-line system here. That's not today's topic. ???? )

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only Bangkok immigration wants it to mailed 14 days before your report date. But it must received at least 7 days before the report date.

Thanks, Joe.  That's exactly my question - the rules for the Bangkok fiefdom.  And it's where I get a bit confused. Is that "at least 14 days before", "exactly 14 days before" ?  What is the earliest I could mail it to them? How much wiggle room do I have with this?

6 minutes ago, Front Row said:

Thanks, Joe.  That's exactly my question - the rules for the Bangkok fiefdom.  And it's where I get a bit confused. Is that "at least 14 days before", "exactly 14 days before" ?  What is the earliest I could mail it to them? How much wiggle room do I have with this?

I have posted it more than 14 days prior without a problem. (CW)

Can't recall why.

Why do you want/need to post it early.

Can be sent from anywhere in Thailand 

Edited by DrJack54

I have never done it online.  But, I thought I read on a post here that the online report due date was changed so that it could now be done right up to the 90 day due date (but no 7 day post due date extension like when going in person).  

Perhaps either my memory or what I thought I read was wrong? 

Please advise.

22 minutes ago, OneZero said:

I have never done it online.  But, I thought I read on a post here that the online report due date was changed so that it could now be done right up to the 90 day due date (but no 7 day post due date extension like when going in person).

Correct.

Online up to date due.

In person 7 days after...

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1