Nightlife until 4 am as poll shows plans to move foreign tourism upmarket a ‘recipe for disaster’

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The success achieved so far by Thailand’s recovering industry is driven by visitors from traditional markets where the country’s nightlife and entertainment sectors have been proven

India?

• Haha 1

Just now, hotchilli said:

I didn't know rich billionaires wanted 4 am opening of certain bars in seedy Sois ?

Unless of course they own the Sois and looking forward to doubling the rents of the premises as trade returns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Last evening at about 1930 I walked up Soi 4 toward Sukhumvit. A guy came waddling out of Bangcockney, walked across Soi 6 where it meets Soi 4, pulled it out and began relieving himself on the outer wall of the Novotel. A service woman from the bar ran out and tried pulling the guy away from the wall, his trickle flying every which way. He began screaming incoherently at the woman.

Again, this was at 1930. I can only imagine what biological function he's dropping at 4am.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that guy isn't the 'quality tourist' TAT had hoped to get.

You will always find drunken idiots in entertainment areas.

Just a shame that Thailand doesn't have a police force to ensure a semblance of order.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

By 2am I pretty much don't care, EVERYONE is beautiful.

Even Lola.

Every hole is a goal, just need to make sure Lola leaves before morning.... Watching another  man take a sht and shave his face is not high on my bucket list.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Every hole is a goal, just need to make sure Lola leaves before morning.... Watching another  man take a sht and shave his face is not high on my bucket list.

But watching a woman take a sht and shave is about halfway up on that list? ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A little consistency would be nice.

I think I read a couple of times they want high-class tourists.

Do they get more of those high-class tourists by allowing certain drugs and opening the bars until 4am?

IMHO lots of people in bars are drunk before 2am. After that they just get more drunk. Obviously, some people want that. And looking at some creatures at 6:30am, when I sometimes ride to the fresh market, they also succeed now to drink more and more and more. In general, I don't think that is good for Thailand.

3pm_VI.jpg.d0c0706b9f67a4561ba6d0da2d900

I remember when Pattaya was open 24/7 and devoid of probems because of it. While many bars did close sometime early hours, between Marine disco and another nearby it was possible to party till after dawn, and there were always some drinkers in a bar on the way back to hotel.

Couple of gogos in Nana in the 90s were open till after dawn. I never lasted till closing as needed some sleep before they opened about 6 pm ( or perhaps 8 pm- getting forgetful ).

Those were happier days than in this century.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, paul1804 said:

2am seems more than reasonable to me, a balance between common sense and responsible governing should prevail. Let the industry workers go home and sleep for at least some of the night when we are supposed to be sleeping!! Who really needs to drink all night, those are probably the tourist sector that we can do without. 

It's not as though there wasn't all night opening back in the 90s. Worked well enough then.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, it will! It will also end up with more restrictions on your happy life in Thailand. You still want them to fail in every way possible?

Yes

Nothing they do will affect me in any way.

Edited by ukrules
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

This Junta has been trying to remake Thailand ever since the took over the government by force.

People in the tourism industry have been amazed how quickly they have ruined it.  

So many inane rules and maneuvers that befuddle even the most blinded supporters of this Junta regime. 

Junta regimes are never good for tourism.  Look what  happened to Myanmar and that happened practically overnight., It’s not 1950. Today everything that happens in these undemocratic countries is on all the internet , TV , newspapers , throughout the world. Everything these so called leaders do is well published, Google is your friend. Some would be surprised at what you can find out.

• Like 1