Posting here: The clock is ticking.

swissie

On 8/15/2022 at 2:12 AM, timendres said:

I had a login to a site once that kept logging me out. The issue was that the site was designed to tie my session with my IP address. Of course, the modem I had from AIS did not have a static IP. So, most of the time, if the power would blink, or I would reset the modem, or the same would happen at the nearby hub, my IP would change, and the login session would be invalidated, and I would have to login again.

This could of course be the case at certain sites, but here at Aseannow changing your IP doesn't get you logged out.

@OP:

Does this only happen on Aseannow or do you also get logged out of other websites?

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Try untick one time and set again.  Probably will not do anything but worth a try.  Do you have any special programs running, like security suite or such?  You might also want to go to your cookies in browser settings and delete everything for 'aseannow' to be sure nothing messed up there.  Is there a sign out option on your laptop perhaps (power management) that would allow sign off after 10 minutes of inactivity (to save on data/battery usage)?

Sorry I did not get back earlier.  No luck with the untick.  I do not have any special programs running. I often delete cookies and history. My laptop does not sign off unless I do it manually. It only happens after google is closed. 

6 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Sorry I did not get back earlier.  No luck with the untick.  I do not have any special programs running. I often delete cookies and history. My laptop does not sign off unless I do it manually. It only happens after google is closed. 

Do you mean Chrome is closed?  But you said happens every 10 minute period of inactivity.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you mean Chrome is closed?  But you said happens every 10 minute period of inactivity.

Yes chrome. Someone else said the 10 minutes.

The OP Swisse wrote about the 10 minutes

Edited by ripstanley

5 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Yes chrome. Someone else said the 10 minutes.

The OP Swisse wrote about the 10 minutes

Sorry - anything more than one seems to be an issue as get older.  ????

Is this site ( https://aseannow.com/) in Chrome memory so tab opens when you open Chrome?  Settings/on startup/open a specific page or set of pages.

11 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Perhaps the OP could learn to "drill his nose" with just one hand thus keeping the other free to keep his keyboard active.

Drilling in my nose with only 1 hand is only half the fun. I will train my dog to hit the keyboard every 9 1/2 minutes. My dog will learn faster than me trying to find out what "dark internet forces" control my computer.

Not sure if this belongs here or not.

A brand new post: "How does Thailand rank on the price of sex index"? According to "webfact" 17 hours old.  But wasn't visible 2 hours ago on ASEAN NOW.

How does the "importation" or"exportation" of threads work on ASEAN NOW? Not the first time I noticed this "phenomenon". Old threads from "somewhere", appearing as a new thread here.

I am confident, that the "Mod-Team" will deliver a satisfactory reply to this re-occurring "phenomenum". Especially as this inquiry can not be classified as "critisising moderation". ????

Once more and testing: After 10 minutes of self imposed keyboard/clicking strict "inactivity", I was automatically logged-out from ASEAN NOW once again..     As usual.

To post this short message, I had to log-in again.