Posting here: The clock is ticking.

swissie

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Dumb question.

Do you mean you are being logged out from Asean Now after a period of inactivity?

Or something else?

On my PC I notice the webpage get frequently paused, with II sign showing in the tab, but when you move the mouse it is active again

2 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

On my PC I notice the webpage get frequently paused, with II sign showing in the tab, but when you move the mouse it is active again

Yeah, I see that a lot, I've never really worked out what the "pause" symbol actually means.

Poor Captain Hook suffered terribly from a ticking clock - to be more precise, from the crocodile that swallowed it, along with his hand.

A ticking clock is a clear indication of our gradual yet relentless journey towards our terminality, and to be able to listen to it in peace and tranquility, without fear, is a pleasure that was denied to Captain Hook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, PFMills said:

I had to log back in on my iPhone this morning, was surprised.

Its a 'normal' function in iPhones that is activated if you don't switch off your phone occasionally and restart.

It will ask you to use your phone pin to open the phone.

I'm not sure why ... maybe it's a timer of some sort that will occasionally have you enter your pin as a safety mech just in case someone may have gotten hold of your phone and kept it open and active or some such security thing.

It also might be because you haven't turned your phone on and off in quite a while (its surprising how many people don't do this - its necessary) which is required to reset the phone op system, to autogenerate downloads of software, security and op system patches etc.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:54 AM, Crossy said:

Dumb question.

Do you mean you are being logged out from Asean Now after a period of inactivity?

Or something else?

Jep, thats exactly the case. I use a laptop. I have no "timing-function" installed whatsoever. Could it be that my VPN has a log off function? For security reasons?

4 hours ago, swissie said:

Jep, thats exactly the case. I use a laptop. I have no "timing-function" installed whatsoever. Could it be that my VPN has a log off function? For security reasons?

I've checked with Admin, we don't have an inactivity log-off function set up so it's possible that something else is forcing you off.

Do you see a message or are you simply logged out when you return to the forum?

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I've checked with Admin, we don't have an inactivity log-off function set up so it's possible that something else is forcing you off.

I had a login to a site once that kept logging me out. The issue was that the site was designed to tie my session with my IP address. Of course, the modem I had from AIS did not have a static IP. So, most of the time, if the power would blink, or I would reset the modem, or the same would happen at the nearby hub, my IP would change, and the login session would be invalidated, and I would have to login again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripstanley said:

If I close Google Chrome then I  have to log back into this site when I start up Google. Peviously this did not happen.  

There "should" be a "Keep me logged in" box, there or missing??

Could you post a screenshot please.

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Even if I stay in the forum, without clicking or typing, after about 10 min I get logged out without any prior message/warning. I suspect my VPN is the culprit. 

19 minutes ago, swissie said:

Even if I stay in the forum, without clicking or typing, after about 10 min I get logged out without any prior message/warning. I suspect my VPN is the culprit. 

If it regularly changes your IP address (some sort of ultra-secure mode) that would not surprise me at all.

10 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

When I sign in the Remember Me is ticked like above.

Try untick one time and set again.  Probably will not do anything but worth a try.  Do you have any special programs running, like security suite or such?  You might also want to go to your cookies in browser settings and delete everything for 'aseannow' to be sure nothing messed up there.  Is there a sign out option on your laptop perhaps (power management) that would allow sign off after 10 minutes of inactivity (to save on data/battery usage)?

Edited by lopburi3