Clunk Click Every Trip - Savile’s disgraced but these messages stayed with Rooster a lifetime

webfact

The pictures are a great addition top your articles Rooster.

The Mountain B fire, should be a wake up call to the RTP to check all the other bars, and close

down the illegal ones permanently.  I hope that Thailand continues to modernize and eventually

get people to follow the seat belt laws, and use child seat for their young ones. Seeing multiple people on motorbikes

with no helmets for most or all, is still a big concern, and same with people in backs of pickups. 

I doubt that Thailand will change very much in the next 10 to 20 years though. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He told us to “Clunk Click every trip” - no mention of the word seatbelt in the slogan yet everyone knew what it meant and does to this day

Yes everyone got it and everyone mostly followed it.

But it was backed up by a willingness to do so, and a hefty fine and points on your license if you didn't.

Thailand is a different species, they don't want to and the police are too lazy to endorse the law.

They prefer the freedom of doing what they've always done... what they like.

Until that culture is changed nothing will ever change.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

I don't mind you having a go at me for my content, opinions or writing. But these personal comments about my private life, my health and also ageist comments earlier in your post are unwarranted and, frankly, rather childish.

You need to give ME a break or. as a recently made moderator, I will be giving you one.

A long one.

Final warning.

Rooster

It's not my Intention to offend you.

However, it's truth that old People reflect on their lives.

And it's fact that taking ganja got an impact on brain activity.

Also it's fact that long Covid accompanied with weakness and fatigue can slow down any activities.

In my post there are no statements about you. Never did.

However question marks are offending?

Freedom of speech is essential, especially in serious journalism combined with critics.

Of course, as a moderator now you got all rights to stop unwanted posts.

Happy Sunday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobU said:

Have you actually read it? It is most definitely about Thailand, comparing Thailand now with the UK of the 50's and 60's. How the UK changed poor safety habits of the type that currently exist in Thailand using TV public service adverts (PSA's). We rarely see such PSA's in the UK because the message got through. In fact the last round of PSA's was to instruct us to imprison ourselves and keep away from friends because of COVID.

You can't compare UK with Thai society.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, webfact said:

In Florida Trump was jumping up and down screaming “Banana Republic” after the FBI looked in his safe. Sorry, Mr ex-president (he couldn’t even get that right), that’s what cops do to toerag criminals. 

Its a good thing Mr Trump does not call your column by such names.   You might just take it personally and have him.....    oops     can not say that word .

pretty tough rules when one is the ruler

and please....before anyone thinks I am a Trump lover,  forget it.

I am on record many times about how corrupt and self serving , maybe even evil,   all these public enemies servants are.

i also don't have much respect for people that just throw potshots out of nowhere.      especially those who do not like to receive them in kind

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yes everyone got it and everyone mostly followed it.

But it was backed up by a willingness to do so, and a hefty fine and points on your license if you didn't.

Thailand is a different species, they don't want to and the police are too lazy to endorse the law.

They prefer the freedom of doing what they've always done... what they like.

Until that culture is changed nothing will ever change.

Thais use seatbelts and will do so more often in the  future. The police have  every reason  to enforce  the law.

The negative  generalisations regarding  what Thais will or won't do are just groundless assertions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thais use seatbelts and will do so more often in the  future. The police have  every reason  to enforce  the law.

The negative  generalisations regarding  what Thais will or won't do are just groundless assertions.

Took a trip to a local restaurant three days ago with a friend, her mother & two children.

Needless to say I as a front seat passenger was the only one wearing a seat-belt... 

No-one else was !

Not just negative generalistaions or groundless assertions... FACT

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, webfact said:

In Florida Trump was jumping up and down screaming “Banana Republic” after the FBI looked in his safe. Sorry, Mr ex-president (he couldn’t even get that right), that’s what cops do to toerag criminals. 

"Sorry, Mr ex-president (he couldn’t even get that right), that’s what cops do to toerag criminals". 

So Trump has been convicted of something, has he, and is, therefore, a "toerag criminal" [sic]?    Webfact, I think you'll find that Trump has no criminal charges against him. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Took a trip to a local restaurant three days ago with a friend, her mother & two children.

Needless to say I as a front seat passenger was the only one wearing a seat-belt... 

No-one else was !

Just your own limited experience  confirming your own views but I drove recently to  Ayudhya and the Thais all put on their  seat belts for the long journey.

Perhaps  the Thais  you know are ignorant of the usefulness of seatbelts- Perhaps you failed to support them or encourage  them to use their seat belts. I hate  wearing seat belts  and often  need reminding.  Back in the  UK there is more Peer group pressure  about seatbelts but it's relatively  recently that backseat belt  use became common.

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No-one else was !

Just because it happened in the car you were in does not make it a "FACT" that it happens, generally, with all Thais, that is a groundless assertion.

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just because it happened in the car you were in does not make it a "FACT" that it happens, generally, with all Thais, that is a groundless assertion.

Believe what you want... I was there.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:
48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Believe what you want... I was there.

Read what I posted.   I didn't contradict what you reported a happening in your car, what I did say was that just because the others in that car didn't belt up doesn't mean that it is "FACT" that every other Thai is the same.

1 hour ago, proton said:

watch it mate, he's a mod now

That's a problem or at least a conflict. As a writer you got the right then to suppress/delete any critics. At the end you'll feel like a hero. Everybody likes me because I'm the best ????????????????

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:52 PM, sawadee1947 said:

This week that was....Thailand news...

Well, Rooster, not much news about Thailand this week?

So no way but to dig deep in old stuff from last century which you definetely can't transform to Thailand.

What is your point actually?

To bother us with ancient photos and stories from UK? (Thailand News?)

Or is it just the fact that you're now in the age to look back (only)?

There is no doubt about the urgent necessity of safety here. It's common sense that Thailand can't fulfill even the basics.

But why then this old irrelevant UK stuff?

Could it be that you got too much ganja since it's easy to get?

Or is it about long Covid?

It's not a crime to ask for a break to recover by the way.

Have a relaxed weekend.

Did you actually comprehend what the thrust of the article was about - appears no you didn't or can't. As for the personnel attack, well that just reinforces the lack of intelligence. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, proton said:

watch it mate, he's a mod now, ???? do they ride scooters.  How could anyone be envious of a brat like Nate with a hat the wrong way round who thought it was amusing to put coins on the railway tracks?

and belittle Thai people for their lack of English or for not comprehending his stupid childish "jokes". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Did you actually comprehend what the thrust of the article was about - appears no you didn't or can't. As for the personnel attack, well that just reinforces the lack of intelligence. 

I suppose you're a regular reader of the "Sun"? 

That's make it easy for me to understand your response.

You're excused ????????????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's a problem or at least a conflict. As a writer you got the right then to suppress/delete any critics. At the end you'll feel like a hero. Everybody likes me because I'm the best ????????????????

Power .    I got POWER !  Office Power 3d Illustration Black Cartoon: ภาพประกอบสต็อก 270264623 |  Shutterstockwhoooopieeeee 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm not allowed to answer. My membership is in jeopardy ????????????

just a "general"  observation   ????            we all love power       flower power !

• Haha 1