New beer Leo, it's good!

proton

On 8/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, mrbojangles said:

About 15 or so years ago a friend of mind got Weils disease. He always drunk from a beer bottle. Although they couldn't be 100% certain, the docs reckoned it must have come from Rats peeing on the beer boxes whilst in storage. I've never drunk straight from a bottle or can since

I read up on that subject a few years back and its the cans that most likely carry the disease. Bottles are better protected. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:26 AM, khunjeff said:

According to this Facebook post from several months ago:

"LEO Columbus hops are imported from USA, and have a strong bitterness and a slight citrus scent.

"LEO Yellow Sub hops are imported from Europe, with the scent of tropical fruits, oranges, apricots, and blackberries predominating. 

"LEO Galaxy hops are imported from Australia and have the aroma of sour fruits, fresh and juicy"

Screenshot_20220504-190526.jpg

Yes, the fruit flavour should come from the hops.

20 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sometimes, on this good forum, I feel as if I am writing to swillers of cheap beer, such as the beer, Olde Frothingslosh.

Are you guys no more than swillers of beer, like Tom Jones?

image.jpeg.01f4d8825e9cf84c109a4094e2f77285.jpeg

Have you people no class, at all?

I tell you, truly the smaller the bubbles, then the better the mouth feel.  And, it is not easy to get small bubbles, either.

Leo Beer has huge bubbles.

It ups to you if you like huge.

But, for refined people of taste and means, the larger the bubbles, the poorer the experience.

Same thing with big bbbooobbbs, in my opinion.

It is always the ladies with smaller ones that are superior.

Take Mia Farrow, for instance.

So, if you really want to know about small bubbles,

There are many articles floating around on the internet.

Here is one, out of many, for example...

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2019/1/28/tiny-bubbles-how-nitrogenation-changed-beer-forever

Maybe most of you know not much about bubbles or teets?

guinness has very small bubbles and a lot of them  why don't you drink that?

19 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Open the beer inside 7/11 and stick 5 straws in it.

Most people will give you a wide berth - maybe even the cashiers????????

Only buy beer at 7-11 or ma & pop shops when out on bike trips on pit stops, carry a glass on my bike if they ain't got one.

22 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Can't be moved from Singha due the logo. I'm all about the logo.

Because to a person like myself who might drink 12 beers in a year, they are all indistinguishable (except for Guiness).

Note to Beer Lao fans (which def has the best logo), The Beer Lao brewery in Vientiane has a gift shop. I have a Beer Lao cafe umbrella that I shlepped home. It was $25.

Beer Lao Brown is not far off Newcastle brown aie, referred to as Newkie-Brown when I lived in England.

Newcastle Brown Ale aka Brown Dog or simply Dog, brings back memories. 

Haven't had one since 2010. IMHO it's nout like Beer Lao Dark.

dog.jpg

On 8/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, proton said:

At least 6% no point drinking weak beer is there.

Back home maybe, but 5% in the tropics is about right if you're drinking en masse. Don't forget, Chang used to be 7%(ish).

It's about time they furnished us with more choice, albeit still Leo! Tried the Galaxy version; very different, quite tangy, though couldn't do more than one. Hanker for the day some real local beers are allowed to be brewed here, and at realistic price. Beer Lao is all over Thai beers. The Thais are clever and could make some good stuff... unfortunately tough gig to get into and they are scuppered by the clout of the 'big three'.

• Like 1